“Delicious!”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Cross street: 12th
Description: Maggiano's Little Italy specializes in Italian-American cuisine served in a warm & friendly atmosphere. We are open daily for lunch & dinner, offer a convenient Carryout service as well as beautiful & accommodating Banquet space for every special occasion. Maggiano’s menu features both classic & contemporary Italian-American recipes – homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish, regular chef specials & specialty desserts, accompanied by a large selection of wines & specialty drinks. The food is made from scratch daily & served in a welcoming environment. Family style service or individual entrees are available.
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Delicious!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a reservation and they took us right away. Our dinners were hot when they arrived. I had the cannelloni with seafood. It was wonderful. My daughter had the caesar salad and enjoyed it. Others had the eggplant, pasta with marinara, mozzarella/lettuce/ and tomato which was the hit of the dinner. Great food and Great service.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Mesa, Arizona
“I had much higher expectations!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The atmosphere of this restaurant was wonderful. I was really looking forward to this dinner because I love Italian food. We were a large part (6) and were seated right away. That, however, was when it started to go down hill.
The restaurant was crowded and it was 6 PM, mid week. Maybe they weren't expecting that, but being in the middle of Philadelphia, they should have been!
Our waiter was a young man who was very nice, but might have been given more than he could handle. It took a long time before he came to take even our drink orders. Eventually, he did and we ordered some drinks. Quite some time passed before we saw those drinks and even more time passed before we could place our dinner order.
An easy 10 minutes after we ordered the waiter came back to the table to let us know they were out of lobster tail, which we had ordered, as well as asparagus and strip steak. Keep i mind, it was 6 PM on a week night when we were there.
At 7:45 we STILL hadn't gotten our dinner! When it came, shortly thereafter, pretty much everyone's dinner was cold. How that could happen after almost two hours, I have no idea. My food, personally, was tasty, but not hot. Others in the party had cold food. Most food was left on the plates.
One of the other members had been their earlier the week before and had dessert, that she said was fabulous. We all ordered the toasted pound cake with caramelized bananas. When it arrived ~ it was STALE! Seriously? This meal just went from bad to worse!
Almost three and half hours after arriving ~ we all left ~ HUNGRY! I can honestly say I do not know that I would be willing to give this place another try!

Visited February 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having visited Maggiano' s in Florida we know how good these restaurants are. This one didn't disappoint.

We were killing time between connecting flights from San Diego to London, so we were a bit. Tiredness hasn't eroded the memory of the four cheese ravioli though! Delicious! B' s was initially sent back as it was cold, but this was soon resolved (and it didn't appear to just have been microwaved).

We shared the dessert sampler, having enjoyed this previously. That really can't be called a sampler, it was huge (although, to quote Barney from How I Met Your Mother, challenge accepted!) Seriously good, all of them. The other traveller' s cheesecake was also excellent.

My only problem is I'm not due to go back to Philly any time soon!

• Visited February 2013
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“italian food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I prefer my marinara sauce to almost anyone. meatballs should have garlic spices and bread. My mother wasnt italian but learned from one. Our meatballs are the size of walnuts not tennisballs!!!!!!

1 Thank mark g
Wendell, North Carolina
“Average Italian”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went here with a colleague while on a business trip. The spinach salad came coated in oil coated peppers and onions (which were not described on the menu). Gross. I then had the crab and shrimp canneloni. It was coated in cheese and had almost no seafood in it. It left me hungry. So I had the lemon cookies. Small but the best part of the meal! My friend hadthe di ablo pasta, which was large he could not finish it. But it was not at all spicy. Too many other good options in the area to ever return here.