“disapoinited”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #404 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cross street: South Street
New York
“disapoinited”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

i have been to many charthouses but this was disapointing when we got there the waitress was very friendly but it stopped there , my steak was cold as were the rest of the items. the vegs were wrong as i paid for something diff . they took it back to get me another order but by this time my girlfriend was finished. at no time did the waitress come over to ask how everything was the restaurant was not that busy so there was not reason for this kind of service.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nightmare on the Riverfront”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Valet Parking attendants – He was friendly and courteous when we drove in. When we left the lady who took care of us, did so promptly and with a great smile.
The front desk and Hostess – No one greeted us in a friendly manner. No one smiled. The staff was somber. According to Vocabulary.com, Somber is described as, “…is used to describe situations, facial expressions, or moods that are dark, gloomy, or depressing…”. According to the Chart House website they live by two principles since 1961, offering in every Chart House location great food and equally impressive views. The Lady that took us to our table walked us to the third floor rear of the Restaurant, passing many open tables in clear view of the Delaware River. We asked and were told those tables were reserved. When the waitress came we asked again about a River view table and he went to the front desk and was told those tables were already reserved. However, the fact is that many of those tables remained open during our entire dinner experience. I am very observant and could not figure out, reasonably why these individuals lied to us about the tables being taken because as I said, the tables remained unoccupied until we left. There are so many things that went through my mind as to why we were seated on such an isolated area with a view of the Parking, when the fact remains that you had tables available that offered impressive views. Yet you denied that experience to us. Was it because we have a Hispanic surname? Was it because we buy American and drive a Ford not a BMW? What could have prompted these individuals to treat us in such an offensive manner and then treat us as ignorant people by telling us the tables were reserved when during the time we were there, the tables remained unoccupied? I do not know for sure.
The Server – Trevone – He was great. He saved the evening dinner by being polite, and attending promptly to our requests.
The drinks – How can you mess up the drinks? The Scotch was fine – not too complicated – Dewar’s with ice and a little bit of water. My wife’s Martini did not look good and tasted watery.
The bread – This bread was tasteless. Did not taste fresh.
The soup – Clam chowder, not too hot, just fair. I can do better at home.
The Fish – Mahi Mahi Seared: I love fish and consider myself an expert tasting fish and the sauces that accompany them. It was not great – I gave it a “C”.
The Steak – My wife said the steak was good, It was tasty and well done as she asked for.
The Manager’s visit – He did not smile and seemed to me he stopped at our table because it was required of him and not because he was sincerely interested on our dining experience. I did not wanted to waste my time explaining anything about our experience there to him.
The Lava Cake – It was good, however, the proportion of cake to ice cream was off: too little ice cream.

• Visited February 2014
“A good meal with a few issues”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

It was four of us. Service was slow. Food was good. I would say they do not have a appetizer for people that do not like seafood. They asked us and told us about the Molton Lava cake they offer for dessert then we just sat and sat waiting for it. I eventually had to find a manager and she kind of played like it was in the oven then she had to come clean. They ran out of it. They did bring out every dessert they offered thought it was a long dinner. Its a nice view of the Delaware I will say and it was clean.

1 Thank prcsac69
Sweden
“Scenic view and good food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Business lunch on a very cold blustery day. In a glass enclosed restaurant watching the ice form on the windows while still toasty inside enjoying good company and food was nice.

• Visited February 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I dined her on Christmas night and it was one of the worst high ending dining experiences of my life. The service was slow and we had to ask the server multiple times for the same thing before we received it. Two of the meals came out totally wrong and had to be sent back. I wouldn't go here again or waste my money.