“Hit or Miss”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #550 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: South Street
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This time for me was a miss. It started off when we arrived a few minutes early for our reservation. We were told our table would be ready shortly and we could wait at the bar. We didn't want a drink so we just stayed at the check in desk. We were then immediately told that our table was ready. I don't like when restaurants try and "persuade" you to have a drink. We ordered from the special priced menu 3 courses for one price. To make a long story short when we got the check (after asking for it with 3 different people and waiting for a 1/2 hour.) they had everything separate. That took another 15 minutes to get it figured out. I was never offered a dessert which was part of the special menu, my boyfriend's dessert had a frozen french fry in it. Would I ever return? Maybe. Our first time at Charthouse was very good but this time was very bad.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I tried the Macadamia Crusted Mahi and it was delicious. It was grilled with a warm peanut sauce mango relish, and soy glaze drizzle. It was paired with a fresh green beans. The views of this restaurant are spectacular as it sits in Penns Landing looking overlooking the Delaware River. Just so happened to catch the fireworks show while having dinner. No crowds! Great time!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My Mother and I took my Godchild for her 30th Birthday! Everything was great....especially the service!
Roe was our waitress and bartender!!!! She was so sweet to my 89 year old Mother...she made our evening out on the water so enjoyable. We even ordered meals to go, for my Godchild and her husband. The food was excellent!!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pro's---Food delicious and well presented. Server: Carol was a real professional and knows her business! Hostess friendly and smiling! We had cocktails on the patio and it was nice to enjoy the view! Valet team made it quick and easy!
Cons---needs a renovation, Manager should be on top of cleanliness and maintenance.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was excellent but a upper price for the value of the meal. Having a braized salmon for my main course and pay $ 60.00 without a tip I feel is somewhat overprice. The resturant is right on the Delware River. If you are there with you wife, girlfriend the surrounding is great. I guess that I rather pay more if the meal was excellent. I am from New York City area and have a number of high price restaurants located there. I know the difference in quality and service.

I feel that the Chart House as far as service and surroundings is great. Food I would say is good, but a little overprice.