“Nice Lunch”

Neighborhood: City Center West
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A large group of us went to the Mummer's Parade on Jan 1st then headed over to the Nodding Head for lunch. There was ample space for 5 adults and 5 children and we were close to the restroom which was not even an issue! The I ordered the small helping of jambolia and it was awesome! Unfortunately the corn bread was stale. The portions were large and the waitress was really great with the children. Our appetizers of chicken wings were really good and came out in plenty of time before our meal.

• Visited January 2014

Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Lousy Service on a Sunday from a Place I Like”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

7pm on a Sunday, I made a stop to see what they had on tap at the beginning of fall. The bar was mostly quiet with NFL games on various screens around the place. There might have been one person at the bar.

I approached the bar and checked the beer menu. The bartender had his back to me; he was engaged in conversation with a server. I knew what I wanted to order. No acknowledgement from neither the bartender nor the server.

I switched positions at the bar hoping that I would get noticed. Nope. So, I turned my back and put a dollar in the jukebox when I hear, "what would you like?" I turned around and a couple had just sat at the bar and received immediate attention. I swore out loud - so much so that the couple gave me a look.

Annoyed, I hit the rest room. As soon as I entered and locked the door, there was a knock on the door. Really? Hey, no paper towels! I exited with dripping hands (after washing them) and made my way back to the bar. I used a beer menu as a towel.

Hey, the bartender saw me! I ordered their LAVA - lavender and vanilla - and enjoyed it. Bummer it was in a tulip-sized glass. It was tasty and light. I would have had another, but no way I was going to do so with the bartender on duty that evening.

I had my back to the bar and was watching Sansom Street when the bartender asked if I would like another beer. I turned around and said, "no." I finished my beer, left $6 on the counter and left.

Of course I will be back. The beer is the attraction. If I see the same bartender or server on duty, I'll deal. But I'll remember.

• Visited October 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A great local Brewery, small and intimate. Great beers that have mass appeal. Always a great friendly staff to help select what's on tap. Great location only a few blocks from city hall. A must stop if you are in the area....try the cheese plates!!

• Visited April 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Good menu, great beer!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great atmosphere and knowledgable staff. I had the Muffaletta and Grog - super good! Will definitely go back when I'm in the city again.

Visited August 2013
Binfield, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem . . . .”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Revisiting the Oyster House restaurant led us to having to wait for a table for 30 mins - no problem as the wait is well worth it. The lady in the Oyster House handling the tables pointed us outside and upstairs to the Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant as a good place to have a beer whilst we waited.

How kind and what a find. The Nodding Head is a Craft Brewery with the brewing plant right there on site for you to tour while enjoying one of their many fine ales. A real treat. We were presented with an Ale specials menu and a tour leaflet explaining all about the brewery and process.

We sampled Monkey Knife Fight and Dock Street Rye IPA. Completely different ales and both highly recommended. Monkey Knife is a light spiced ale with ginger and lemon grass - sounds odd for a beer, I agree. Try it you will not be disappointed.

Unfortunately we were unable to sample the food due to our booking with the Oyster House below.

In summary the Nodding Head was a great find. The service was great and the beer refreshing and well brewed. We will return to sample the food and more fine ale!

• Visited July 2013