“Nodding Head made an otherwise Ho-Hum Monday night quite enjoyable”

Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Belgian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center West
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nodding Head made an otherwise Ho-Hum Monday night quite enjoyable”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great vibe and appreciated the brew pub feel. Tried half of the beer and ale offerings produced in-house and enjoyed them all. Monday night must have been Trivia Game night which was a good light time. Serving staff were attentive without being annoying and helpful in terms of advising on what to be expected from each of the establishments brewing efforts. All in all an enjoyable time. Would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012

Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
“Didn't expect this!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stumbled upon Nodding Head when our group of 7 was to numerous for anybody to handle.
We asked them if they could sit our group then walked around for another 20-30 minutes. It is a very unassuming second floor location the stairway of which didn't necessarily lend confidence. We got to the top of the stairs to this very old pub looking place and they had already set a great table for us in the back room. The night only got better from there. Everyone at Nodding Head was pleasant, attentive, friendly and completely professional. The back room is great! The food well beyond my expectations. Then my son told me that the foodies from the (very good) restaurant he used to work for held their meetings at Nodding Head.
Now this place is casual, friendly, very reasonable. It is not a place trying to impress anyone. It was my husband and I and five 20 something's.
I had a grilled sushi grade tuna club that was out of this world.
Looking forward to going back!!

• Visited November 2012
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stumbled upon this place and ate lunch here. The beer was OK but the food was great. The Happy Pig sandwich was excellent.

Visited October 2012
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Pleasant Sunday night stop in downtown Philly”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This brewpub, upstairs from another restaurant on Sansom St., has been around a while (13 years, my server said). Name derives from extensive bobblehead collection on display. I tried a couple of the five beers on tap on a Sunday night. Wet Chinook Double IPA was not quite what we'd call Imperial, 8.5% abv, fairly bittered, Ich Bin Ein Berliner Weisse was more interesting, callled a sour wheat beer, tart with low alcohol. Had that with the mussels provencal, which were steamed with fines herbs and shallots. Tasty, but the one ordinary roll for dipping was a disappointment (see picture).

• Visited October 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Incredible Little Brewery in Downtown Philly!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Only had about an hour but was able to try a couple of their house beers. They brew on site. I had mystery amber (brewed with coffee beans) and another - maybe an IPA? Both were excellent and the bartender/brewer was both pleasant and knowledgeable without being pretentious. Awesome music selection on their "juke box" and a cute selection of bobble heads - hence the name. If I ever make it back to Philly this will be one of my stops. Hopefully, I'll have a little more time!

Visited September 2012