“Very good food!”
Review of Davio's

Davio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Davio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Chestnut & Sansom
Description: Davio’s, with its “Northern Italian Steakhouse” cuisine, brings a deliciously unique flair to a city famous worldwide for its Italian restaurants. Situated in the historic Provident Bank Building in Center City Philadelphia, Davio’s offers diners the complete upscale dining experience - exquisite food, expertly prepared and presented in a grandly historic ambience. Davio’s skilled wait-staff provide guests with relaxed, yet attentive service, and are smartly garbed in long white coats reminiscent of Italy’s finest restaurants. Offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant has already gained popularity as a prime spot for both “Power Breakfast” and “Power Lunch” among the Philadelphia business community. Dinner also brings local and national luminaries from all walks of life on a regular basis. Reservations are suggested for the main dining room.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food at this restaurant was delicious and the portions were generous (wished we had a place to store the leftovers overnight!). The staff was exceptionally friendly. Was thinking that this could become a "go-to", familiar place where we could get to know the staff if we lived locally. However, since this was a "get-away" weekend for us, the frequent conversations with the staff were sometimes an interruption. Would definitely return, though -- still thinking about the yummy food!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

One of my favorites in Philly - I've been here for lunch and dinner, and have used it extensively for business, and have taken my family as well. Ambiance is open and friendly - after a visit or two, they will make you feel like family. Food is outstanding, and the service is top notch.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After trying to decide where to eat in Philly, we decided to go to Davios as the comments and ratings in trip advisor where great. We made a great choice, the service at the bar was great ( we got there earlier than expected). Once we moved to the table, dinner appetizers and service where all there. Great tasting food, nice ambiance and service. Will definetely try and visit when in town again!!! Special thanks to all those that contributed to a memorable night....

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband selected this based on reviews he had read. He must of have missed the mediocre ones. We were hosting two guests from Europe whose meals they said were very good. Ours unfortunately were not. I ordered LUMP CRAB cake sandwich which arrived on a delicious brioche bun. The crab, however, definitely was not lump crab. It was much less expensive crab meat with a lot of filler and not much flavor. But the worst thing about this mess was that it was overdone to put it mildly. The top of the patty was dark brown (a bad sign) but the side not showing on the bun was black!! It should never have been served!. When I called the waiter's attention to it he didn't seem to grasp that it was burned. Neither did he say that he was sorry. He did, however, ask if I wanted a replacement. To which I answered "no" that I would have the lobster roll instead as my husband had ordered. That, too, was a disappointment-lots of bland mayo and a little lobster. The fries that came with both orders were supposed to be "Tuscan" Nothing Tuscan about these warm fries--no rosemary, no garlic. They had some sort of seasonings that certainly didn't radiate Tuscan sun.

As for the spring rolls--save those for your favorite Chinese restaurant. Davio's are a gimmick that doesn't work. The supposedly highly acclaimed Philly cheesesteak rolls are a notch above dreadful. The meat filling was a paste of mystery meat. The others in the sampler were only marginally better. The waiter told us that these rolls are available at many grocery stores (in the freezer aisle I'm sure) and at COSTCO. Save your money.

Our friends order gnocchi and a pasta dish. They both seemed pleased with them so stick with the pasta. The drinks--bloody Marys and martinis wer top notch.

The decor and ambiance were good. Unfortunately in my book the food didn't measure up.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had the pleasure of dining @ "Davio's", last night.
The décor/ambiance is - elegant.
The service is - impeccable.
The food is - flawless.

It was a memorable experience; one I will never forget.
I highly recommend 'Davio's".