“Won't be back...”

Neighborhood: City Center East
pa
“Won't be back...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

It was not particularly busy. We were given a tiny table near the bathroom. We ordered two vegetarian entrees which were done with no special care. The string beans were swimming in oil and hardly the normal wonderful crispy. The pad thai with tofu looked very unappetizing. No lime, no nice peanuts on top. Again, it was swimming inoil. Very upsetting because this was one of my favorite long time Chinese restaurants.
Oh, and the ladies room odor was absolutely disgusting.

• Visited February 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Every time I have been here, the service has been very friendly and the atmosphere is very tranquil. My only complaint here is that they do not have a lunch special menu. Everything is full price all day.

• Visited January 2013
PHILADELPHIA
“Best in Philly Chinatown!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A wonderful chinese restaurant in Philadelphia's Chinatown. make a reservation for the weekends or be prepared to wait. Excellent food. Try the Salt Baked Squid, one of the best dishes I have ever had. A unique menu with huge variety. Won Ton soup that is very different from the average place. Delicious! Don't miss this place.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank PHILLYPHAZE
Boston
“Nothing Special, Dirty”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Tried out Lee How Fook based on customer reviews here at TripAdvisor. It is located a several blocks away from the convention center near the Chinatown section.

I found a table easily. The waitress was very polite and gave me an ice water. The table was sticky, as was the floor and even the plastic coated menu. I got the feeling it hadn't been washed in a while. There was food on the floor when I arrived, though someone swept it up partway through my meal.

I had the Kung Pao chicken with rice. I'm not sure there was much chicken in it and it wasn't very spicy. Lots of mushrooms. Still, it was OK. Average. But I wouldn't return. Prices were average, as well.

I was disappointed, based on my expectations from reading other folks' reviews. Perhaps it was a bad day, or the fact I came in at 2pm after the lunch rush.

• Visited September 2012
NY
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Not much to look at from the outside, but the food was great. Orange chicken prepared very well--unique, excellent texture. Hot and sour soup was delicious. Everything was very tasty and reasonably priced. Service was attentive and quick, but we went when the restaurant wasn't busy; other reviews have negative comments regarding service.

• Visited September 2012