“Nothing Special, Dirty”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Tried out Lee How Fook based on customer reviews here at TripAdvisor. It is located a several blocks away from the convention center near the Chinatown section.

I found a table easily. The waitress was very polite and gave me an ice water. The table was sticky, as was the floor and even the plastic coated menu. I got the feeling it hadn't been washed in a while. There was food on the floor when I arrived, though someone swept it up partway through my meal.

I had the Kung Pao chicken with rice. I'm not sure there was much chicken in it and it wasn't very spicy. Lots of mushrooms. Still, it was OK. Average. But I wouldn't return. Prices were average, as well.

I was disappointed, based on my expectations from reading other folks' reviews. Perhaps it was a bad day, or the fact I came in at 2pm after the lunch rush.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Not much to look at from the outside, but the food was great. Orange chicken prepared very well--unique, excellent texture. Hot and sour soup was delicious. Everything was very tasty and reasonably priced. Service was attentive and quick, but we went when the restaurant wasn't busy; other reviews have negative comments regarding service.

3  Thank BobMyr
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Authentic food, fine service, outstanding value. We had a group of 8 or 10, mostly just flew in from China, and they gave us a private room at the back (separate entrance). That was quiet. Similar to food I have when in China. No beer license, though.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have been going to Lee How Fook for years. Every meal has been a delight. And the sauces clealy are freshly made. Clams with Back Bean sauce is a staple. Highly recommend the Hot and Sour Soup. The Chinese Greens are fresh. For the brave, Duck Feet is worth a try. Centrally located, you might want to try the bakery for desert right down the street on the corner of 11th and Race

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Friends who live in Philadelphia took us here because they know we like Chinese food. We came back on our own because we had such a good meal the first time. It's a BYOB place, so if you want to have beer or wine with your meal you need to bring it. The Sea Bass was delicious as was the hot and sour soup. Lots of great menu choices and a nice ambience (but if you like quiet, go early).