“Very Good Food and Lively Atmosphere near Rittenhouse Square”
Review of Twenty Manning

Twenty Manning
Reserve with OpenTable
Twenty Manning is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 4,539 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Manning
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our first visit to Twenty Manning Grill, and we will certainly be back. The food was excellent; the atmosphere was lively, and the service was prompt and attentive. I had a plate of large, succulent scallops, accompanied with a squash purée and sautéed spinach, and everything was delicious. My wife had a very tasty duck dish. We finished off the meal with a luscious chocolate fondant. If you are in the mood for an excellent meal, prepared simply and well, in a lively Bistro atmosphere, give Twenty Manning a try.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had crab cakes and a beef noodle bowl. What a delicious dinner! Serving sizes were generous. Servers handled our large group of 25 people with ease. Would definitely eat there again!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Three of us for dinner. We started with cocktails - which got good reviews from our group. I had a non-alcoholic margarita and was happy that it was not a bottled mix.
Two of us started with beet and goat cheese salads which were pleasant. I had the pan-seared wild mushroom raviloi - which was a little tough and sparse on the plate. Others had the lobster roll and the pork chops - which they reported were quite nice.
No dessert, no wine.
Service was fine - they did a nice job of keeping my water glass full. The food came promptly and we were asked how everything was. I was disappoined, however, when they took my plate away before the other diners were finished. I hate that. My husband is trying to tell me that removing plates before everyone is done is the new 'normal'; that most people don't want to have an empty plate in front of them. I think it's just rude and poor manners. But I can't knock this place for it - so many restaurants do it nowadays.
The atmosphere was VERY noisy. Seems to be a mixed age crowd - no kids in sight - lots of dates and probably a local favorite. People were eating outside on last night's pleasat night.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you like noisy places with a lot of atmosphere - this is the place for you!

The food is interesting, well presented and very good.

Cocktails are excellent...

We've been a few times and noticed this time a few more children around, which isn't great... but hopefully that was a one off.

We definitely would recommend and return...

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first visit to 20 Manning and we really, really enjoyed it. It was a fun date night for my husband and I. We had a cozy corner seat

We made a reservation on line for Friday night at 7:00. We walked in a little early and were seated immediately. The service we received was great throughout our visit. Our water glasses were filled immediately and refilled throughout the dinner. We ordered a couple of drinks from the bar, which were delivered quickly and were quite good.

We enjoyed the tuna sashimi and pork dumplings as an appetizer. My husband ordered the rib eye and said it was perfectly cooked. I had a taste and it was indeed delicious. I ordered the lobster roll, which was very good. Both meals came with fries, which were quite good. For desert, we shared the half baked Toll House cookie and did not regret it one bit.

We had great service -- felt well cared for, but weren't overly pestered. Just the right level of support. We will definitely go back.