“Fine Dining at it's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dante & Luigi's

Dante & Luigi's
Ranked #162 of 4,314 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Portland, Maine
“Fine Dining at it's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were taken very good care of from the time we entered the front door until leaving. The dining was not the most outragous meal that I've ever been served but it was excellent flavor, generious portions, nicely plated with excellent attention all throughout the meal - even to pouring of the wine by the waiter. Loved the fact that is was in what had once been a row house with it's many levels, nicely decorated rooms and linen tablecloths. The restaurant was not full becuase of our late hour arriving but noise was not a factor in our enjoying conversation within our table members. Great time, great meal, great service, great ambiance and I'd go back any time I am in Philadelphia.

• Visited September 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“LOVE THE GRAVY! DON'T CALL IT SAUCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

LOVE the GRAVY...we Italian's do NOT call it sauce! What took me so long to get to this place?! I've lived in Philly my whole life of 33 years and came here for the first time October 19, 2013...I wish I've been eating here my entire life & will be going back next week!

4.75 Stars for Dante & Luigi's!

First, the minor reasons I am not giving a full 5 Stars:
1. In my opinion I felt the bread service did not live up to it's hype
2. Although the service was prompt, efficient, very well timed and knowledgeable, It seemed as if our server was somewhat annoyed and almost impatient at times

What we LOVE LOVE LOVED:
1. Excellent, very reasonably priced wine list
2. Outstanding Apps! Adored the Eggplant Rollantini, the Fried Calamari melts in your mouth and the Caesar salad was one of the best we ever had
3. All of the entres were mouthwatering, FRESH and created with Italian love!
Standouts from our meal are:
***The Veal Bracciole! Be sure to have this! Its outstanding!***
***The Gnocchi Romano is simply decadent! The Roseatta Sauce has the perfect amount of cream and balance of cheese in the gnocchi is just the right***
***According to my very high standards for a meatball...they are done right! I usually never enjoy a meatball in a restaurant being that my 100% Italian Family makes the best gravy & meatballs; however, Dante & Luigi's meatballs are definitely a close second.**
***All we can say about the Wide Ribbon Pasta w/lump crabmeat is WOW!***
4. Do NOT skip Dessert! The Italian Cream Cake w/Rum is truly devine and worth every single calorie. I have no words for how good this was!
5. The valet is another bonus :)

• Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious food. Wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were a family party of 8 for dinner, arriving in three separate parties. We were all warmly welcomed by the staff. The atmosphere is very pleasant. It was not noisy the weeknight we were there.
The service was attentive and helpful.
The food was excellent. The wine very good.
We needed 2 cabs to get back to our hotel; but we had no problem flagging them down on the street. The staff was very willing to call for cabs if we had trouble.
We would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I felt compelled to write a review as I've seen Dante & Luigi's getting knocked for rude service. Our experience couldn't be farther from that. We were seated and promptly asked for our drink orders. I had the house chianti which was quite tasty. Delicious bread was brought to the table with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I couldn't stop eating it. There were 3 or 4 gentlemen that looked after our table to make sure our waters were filled. And we had enough wine to make us happy.

Then came the apps. I chose the pasta fagioli soup and my wife had a salad. The soup was the best I've ever had (and I order it at EVERY Italian restaurant I go to).

For entrees we chose manicotti and lasagna. The manicotti were unique as there were only two, but they were about 9 inches long. A little under sauced but still quite tasty. The lasagna was a tasty mix of veal and italian sausage. And very, very light. It's hard to imagine lasagna being light, but trust me, this was just heavenly.

For dessert we opted for tiramisu. Unbelievably good.

I would dismiss any negative reviews about this place. Some people just can't be pleased. Our experience was a staff that makes every attempt to please their customers. We will certainly be back.

• Visited September 2013
NYC
“Excelllent Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while visiting my mother. We have since went twice. Both times we had an excellent experience. Being from NYC, you have high standards when it comes to food, having access to great restaurants in NYC. Dante & Luigi's could very well hold its own in the big apple. Excellent fresh, clean food, not loaded down with poor quality ingredients and no flavor. Every meal we have had there was 5 star, along with the service. We are also both vegetarian and the chef was very happy to help out in excluding or adding a few options. I will for sure return!

• Visited August 2013