“Quiet Afternoon”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were driving south on 10th street looking for a place to eat. A parking spot and a sign appeared. Friday afternoon at 2:30 the place was empty. A personable waiter in a tie and jacket approached us and made us feel immediately comfortable. The place has old world charm with table cloths and candles. Appetizers and entrees were not only delicious but also presented beautiful. See photos. Cocktails were spot on. You won't have a bad meal here. We will be back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

D & L is consistently good, home cooked, old world style Italian. Their house made red is also very good. The chicken livers appetizer is to die for.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

It was at least 20 years since I've had the pleasure to dine at Dante & Luigi's, when I had lunch with my wife & daughter after shopping on 9th St. The place has undergone extensive renovations, while at the same time retaining the Old World charm it's been known for. Very warm and inviting, comfortable atmosphere. Crisp, white linnen table cloths and napkins. Warm reception and very intentive service.

Escarole soup piping hot and excellent. Mussels large, fresh and perfect in light red sauce. Freshly baked bread and high quality olive oil for dipping. We will return. If you in the area shopping at The Italian Market, stop in at Dante & Luigi's. It's worth a special visit, even if you areen't in the area. Very, very nice restaurant - classy, authentic, warm and moderate prices.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Do you want good food and fun put together? It is time for you to try Dante and Luigi's. Sevice is good, the singing is great, the food is good too.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I love Italian sausage and have had some really great sausage,this was the best I ever had. I ordered it with the broccoli rabe and that was delicious too. I would be raving about the Caesar salad except it needed a bit more dressing and unfortunately the food might of been a 5 the service was not. My husbands sausage scarpariello was also a hit and he would definitely order it again. The restaurant itself is very nice in the residential area of South Philadelphia and has been around since 1899 and I loved all the old pictures.
This restaurant definitely deserves another visit