“Very simple food and everybody would love and wouldn't even bother to complain if there is any problem with food!”
Review of Villa di Roma

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Old school mom/pop Italian...can't go wrong with a yummy meal here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 23, 2007

The restaurant is the best italian restaurant in all of Pennsylvania it is the most homelist place away from home. I would recommend it when ever your in the mood for some italian food. I've been going there since i was a baby and i've always loved going there and talk to the women serving the food. I have always had the famous Villa Salad it is a amazing salad. I had the Ravioli with Tomato Sauce its always hot and delicious. If you have ever gone to a italian restarant and had cold ravioli then you know its hard to find it but in here you can find it here. One last tip you can ONLY pay in cash so expect to bring some cash with you to this restarant.
Sincerly
Satisfied Restarant Goer

4  Thank matt8
Reviewed December 9, 2006

The waitress may call you "hon" and be direct and to the point. I always stick to the basics and have never had a bad experience. They used to serve their red wine chilled. Always crowded on the weekend when the folks from the suburbs compete with the locals for a table.

6  Thank appetitetogo
Reviewed August 20, 2006

We heard so many good things about Villa di Roma and were looking forward to having a dinner there. When we arrived and entered the restaurant, we were warmly welcomed by the bartender who then directed us to the proper dining room. Once there, we were told to sit where we liked--as long as it wasn't the table that was set up to handle a large group. The waitress was very pleasant and friendly. Plus, she patiently answered any questions we had. I decided to have spaghetti with tomato sauce and sausages and a side dish of escarole with garlic. My husband ordered the cheese ravioli with meatballs plus a salad. The food came promptly and was piping hot (well--except for the salad!). The escarole and garlic was superb! It tasted of roasted garlic but yet it did not overpower the taste of the escarole. My spaghetti and tomato sauce was excellent. However, the sausage was somewhat disappointing. Some pieces had good fennel flavoring yet others were tasteless and bland. My husband raved about his main dish. He thought that the sauce was excellent and asked the waitress for the recipe. She smiled and said "4 hours of simmering and lots of love!" As far as his salad goes, he thought that it was good. It was a simple salad with lettuce (Romaine) and oil and vinegar. The dressing was well-balanced with neither one or the other ingredient dominating. We both were impressed with the portion sizes--they were just right. In fact, when the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we were surprised that we had room for it! I had a cannoli which was very tasty. My husband had a piece of New York style cheesecake which he enjoyed. He was pleased with the portion size--not too large, just right. When we were leaving, the waitress and bartender thanked us for coming and encouraged us to come back. We will be back next time we're in town. However, I would avoid having a dish with sausage in it. In addition to the food, we were very impressed by the warmth and friendliness of the staff. While we were there, it was obvious that there were some customers who were regulars. Even though this was our first time there, the staff made us feel very welcome. In other words, they didn't treat us differently from the regulars! In short, I highly recommend this restaurant!

8  Thank SueFee