“Our Go-To Chinese Restaurant”

Sang Kee Peking Duck House
Ranked #189 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: City Center East
Lewes, Delaware
“Our Go-To Chinese Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have gone to Sang Kee for years and have never been disappointed. When we were living in Pittsburgh, we would get their take-out on our way home from every trip to Philly. The food is consistently wonderful. We have been to a great many other Chinese restaurants around the United States and in Europe; none of them were as good as Sang Kee.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank debandjim15044

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“yummy noodles...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was my go to place when in Philly for dry wanton noodles with BBQ meats. They not to make it like home. Nothing like kon lou wantan mee with siew yoke, char siew & pei pa ya for lunch. Especially when missing home. Don't forget to try their Durian shake. Not for the faint-hearted but those that love Durian, this is not to be missed.

Service is always friendly. Restaurant is clean and airy. Highly recommended when in Chinatown.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank poopshooter
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“PLUS PLUS PLUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

i cannot say enough wonderful things about Sang Kee. Tasty selections - all very fresh! Loved the Chicken Curry soup and their wontons exceed all the rest! Plump and sweet shrimp/prawn.
Of course the duck is spectacular! but try the rest too. Great service, clean and well managed.
Just GO!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ann P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Chinese food, Indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I picked this place to go after reading some reviews about this restaurant. We are not from Philly and I wanted an authentic Chinese restaurant. We ordered duck, house special noodles, Chinese broccoli and a few dim sum. The food were delicious! The pan fried noodles brought back memories when my grandfather used to take us to Chinatown and he would order this type of noodle! Another thing is that, I normally don't eat duck for I thought it's greasy an has a weird taste. However, Sang kee's duck tasted so good that I almost finished my husband's order! I highly recommend this place and we will definitely come back next time we are in Philly!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank joeandcandy
Huntington Woods, Michigan
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stopped to eat at the restaurant from among the myriad possibilities in Chinatown because it was quite busy for the early evening when I had dinner. The menu was extensive with a broad array of choices. I picked a spicy pork dish with vegetables from the smaller menu with pictures. I found this dish quite tasty. The service was efficient if not overly friendly.

The price was excellent for this dish, perhaps because the restaurant is a block or two away from the main streets of Chinatown. Not a fancy restaurant, but excellent value. If I were staying longer in Philadelphia, I would go back because I had difficulty in choosing among several items on the menu on my first visit.

• Visited January 2014