“Ignore the name, the food is good”
Review of Bistro Romano

Bistro Romano
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Romano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Front and 2nd
Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
Reviewed January 19, 2014

They don't actually have Roman dishes, but the food is good. The Caesar salad, for example, is a real one, with raw (pasteurized) egg and anchovy and exceptionally good. There's a good variety of pasta and secondi.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Enjoyed this Italian Restaurant. Had the feel of an old-timey Italian restaurant. I don't say this as criticism, this is what I like in Italian restaurants. Food and service was good. I didn't love this place like most of the Reviewers, but I would go back.

1  Thank Deltagirl1
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Not a nice day, weather wise but we had a delicious dinner to celebrate my birthday. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and shown to our table. The dining room is cozy and warm. Our waiter, Nolan, was quite pleasant, knowledgable and made a mean table side Caesar salad. The salad was a bit more tangy than usual but tasted great. My husband enjoyed his "special" gnocchi with duck. It had a bit of sweetness that Nolan said came from their marinara sauce. I had the "special" mahi mahi that was topped with tomatoes, olives and shrimp. The piece of fish was huge! Nolan recommended wines to pair with our dinners -- he was spot on. We enjoyed ourselves and look forward to returning. Thank you

2  Thank memom2010
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had been here . I must say it was really a great meal. We had the Caesar salad made by yout table fresh and very good.It put a really nice fantastic night for us. We were at show in Phila. so being that we were there we pick this place again. So we made a reservation because of saturday night. We got there a little early was no probem are tablet was ready. The waiter was very nice his name was Joe.Also the manager stop a few times asking if things were ok and how are meal was . The meal was up to are expectation.

2  Thank jim h
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Had dinner on Christmas Eve and I got to say that the atmosphere here is really romantic (with candle lights, christmas decorations etc). The service was also splendid, with the manager and waiter constantly chatting up conversations with us, making sure the food was up to our expectations. I had their award winning roasted duck with pasta (which was really good) and my girlfriend had the lobster ravioli. Their specialty drinks were also delicious. In all, a must to go, especially if you are looking for a romantic atmosphere to bring your date to celebrate a special occasion!!!

1  Thank Solosky2013