“Great Night”
Review of Bistro Romano

Bistro Romano
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Romano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Great Night”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had been here . I must say it was really a great meal. We had the Caesar salad made by yout table fresh and very good.It put a really nice fantastic night for us. We were at show in Phila. so being that we were there we pick this place again. So we made a reservation because of saturday night. We got there a little early was no probem are tablet was ready. The waiter was very nice his name was Joe.Also the manager stop a few times asking if things were ok and how are meal was . The meal was up to are expectation.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank jim h

Singapore, Singapore
“Love the Roasted Duck and Romantic Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Had dinner on Christmas Eve and I got to say that the atmosphere here is really romantic (with candle lights, christmas decorations etc). The service was also splendid, with the manager and waiter constantly chatting up conversations with us, making sure the food was up to our expectations. I had their award winning roasted duck with pasta (which was really good) and my girlfriend had the lobster ravioli. Their specialty drinks were also delicious. In all, a must to go, especially if you are looking for a romantic atmosphere to bring your date to celebrate a special occasion!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Solosky2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Caesar salad”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went here for dinner. The ambiance is amazing, you walk down the stairs and feel like you're in the old world.

They also make a fantastic Caesar salad right for you at the table. I'd shy away from the gnocchi(mushrooms were gritty, not a lot of taste in the sauce) but would go back for the salad and cocktails

Visited December 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Romantic atmosphere, great menu and spot on service.”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We made a reservation after scouting sites for romantic dining establishments. We actually checked them and other choices out first and decided Bistro Romano was the place for us. We were not disappointed. The location is a little off the beaten path just around the corner from the South street active scene and well worth it. We were seated within minutes of our arrival and given our choice to sit it the downstairs area. This dining area is rustic brick, timbers and stone and hand a warm romantic charm. We ordered Caesar salad made at tableside and it was wonderful. Both our seafood dishes were cooked to perfection and so delicious we savored each bite. Our server was efficient and just friendly enough without being pushy. The manager was very knowledgeable and was genuinely interested in us having a pleasant dining experience. Bistro Romano is a winner.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank gavin m
Estero, Florida
“What a Wonderful restaurant and staff!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bistro Romano was my first choice of where to spend my birthday when we found out that we would be in Philly around that time. It holds a very special place in my heart as we ate dinner there the night my husband proposed to me practically three years ago. My husband just got home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan. From the moment we walked in the door, and your manager heard me give our name to the hostess, we were treated like royalty. Immediately, he said 'Table 1 and I will take care of them'! He welcomed my husband home and brought us champagne to celebrate.....it was very touching!! Having one of the most romantic tables in the place was icing on the cake! Our server was Nolan and he could not have been any better to us!! His knowledge of the menu, specials, wines, etc. was astonishing, to say the least. He was very attentive when we needed it, but left us to our privacy as well. Our food was amazing too! The grilled mahi over seafood risotto was incredible and my husband had the shrimp and scallops done in a fra diavlo sauce which also was outstanding!! The birthday cannoli was the perfect touch....Nolan even found a candle for me!! Finally a complementary limoncello was a nice touch to conclude our meal. We have thoroughly enjoyed each and ever visit to Bistro Romano.....and we hope to catch one of your wine cellar nights in the future. We look forward to the next experience as our travels bring us back to Philly!!!!

Thanks for creating the ultimate dining experience with Bistro Romano!!!!!

• Visited November 2013