“Great Dining Experience”
Review of Bistro Romano

Bistro Romano
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Romano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between Front and 2nd
Transit: Septa: 40 Bus, 57 Bus
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I dined at Bistro Romano last night. We were led downstairs where you were transported into a cozy romantic setting with each table nicely set and adorned with a single candlestick. The old stone walls and tile floors were a reminder of how old this section of Philadelphia really is. We had the stuffed mushrooms which were amazing. The Caesar salad, made at your table was one of the best we ever had. Because I couldn't decide whether to have the Osso bucco ravioli or the gnocchi our waitress said we could have the gnocchi as a side and we weren't disappointed. The gnocchi were so tender and the sauce divine. The Osso bucco ravioli were flavorful however the dough was a little too al dente I think because they added some flavoring to the dough itself. My husband had Vitello Conte which was excellent and so tasty. The staff was so pleasant and helpful and we never once had to ask for anything. We were given a $20.00 coupon to come back but too bad the expiration date is September as we don't get to Philadelphia that often but we will definitely be back. All in all a great dining experience,.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Romano

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Loved the Osso bucco ravioli. loved the desserts, and Caesar salad...hands down the best I have ever had! But most of all loved Anthony our chef, Isabelle the hostess and Nolan our server. seriously, if you are a foodie at all, you will love this gracious, historical gem of a restaurant in charming Society Hill! Thank you Rory from the Kimpton Monoco for the recommendation! We are visiting from San Diego to attend my mother in laws funeral and were greeted like we are one of their family.

2  Thank jjminky
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I love the exposed brick walls Mixed with the antique lantern lighting. We like to be seated downstairs in a booth.

The gnocchi Is out of this world.
Also a nice touch is the freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.

If you would like an authentic Italian meal this is the place to go.

We always enjoy dining at Bistro Romano

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This romantic, cozy spot is one not to be missed.
great italian food and excellent service. Ali is a great server!
My husband and i will be back many times.

3  Thank kathywic817
Reviewed July 4, 2013

One of the more pleasant Italian bistros I've been to. Although this is more a full blown restaurant with all the bells and whistles. Varied menu, knowledgeable staff and very good wine selections. Definetly a great place for Italian food in Philadelphia.