“One of my favorite Fairmount bars”
Review of London Grill

London Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
London Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #610 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 23rd and Fairmount Ave
Transit: Philadelphia Trolley Works (2200 Block of Fairmount) SEPTA ROUTE 48 Bus on corner
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Solid beer selection, good burger (I love burgers on English muffins). The dining room is OK, but the bar is one of my favorites in the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went here for a few drinks and dinner on our recent stay in Philadelphia. The happy hour specials & drinks were great and well priced. The dinner while very very good, was sort of expensive. We probably would not have eaten dinner there with out the "Buy one Get one" coupon we had from our entertainment book. However, the service was very friendly. We will go here again when in Philly.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Long time Philadelphia favorite in Fairmount area, has changed menu concept. Food is tasty, but service is spotty.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

You won't find gourmet fare at London but you will find well-prepared, ample portions of tasty and sometimes even inventive dishes. If you're a vegetarian, you'll find lots of options on the menu, and the meat-eaters in your crowd will like the short ribs, burgers, and more. The bar can be noisy and the high-top tables aren't all that comfortable for more than a beer or two. Sitting outside on a warm night is nice; lots of good people-watching and a real sense of the lively and diverse neighborhood. The wait staff aren't the most polished but they're cheerful and they know the menu well. And the desserts are pretty tasty. Just a good, reliable, affordable place to eat. And a good bar menu, too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

To be honest, if this had popped up on my TripAdvisor App & I read the reviews, I would not have gone in. I guess sometimes things just work. This was an impromptu trip into the city for a few hours on Saturday evening.We were w/ our teenager & love good pub food w/ good beer -- so this can be tricky of where to go & where to sit even early on a Saturday night. We looked on the beer menu, only saw one that jumped out at us, but with a high top perfect for three in the cozy bar area that looked clean (and with windows), we did not feel like passing it up. Where else would we find such a perfect spot? With no idea what to expect, we started slow. We let our daughter brave the mac-n-cheese first. This side turned out to be a filling full meal for her (if we had not kept taking bites) of luscious cheesy gourmet baked mac-n-cheese. Beer on tap after further exploration was to my liking and my husband who decided to venture instead to the bottles was also very pleased. After learning the food was good, we kept the small plates coming while all the while enjoying our view, good service, and the pub atmosphere that was suitable for our child. We have already started planning a second trip for there were so many more wonderful side dishes that we wanted to try. (And dessert - ice cream - was also very good! And, oh my daughter loved the monkey mural in the restroom.)

1  Thank ManyMilesStill2Go