“As good or better than what I had in Cambodia”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Khmer Kitchen

Khmer Kitchen
Ranked #502 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“As good or better than what I had in Cambodia”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Really enjoyed this restaurant. My family took me and we ordered multiple dishes. Everyone LOVED everything that we tried. The server was very nice and helped explain things. The portions were large, and we all thought this was a good value. The food was very fresh.
The papaya salad (sweet and a bit spicy) and caramelized ground pork were really fantastic.

Things to know:
This is a small place. It can get noisy, and there are no reservations accepted. You should get here earlier rather than later, or risk having to wait for a table to open up. Dishes come out one at a time, as they are made (which works out fine, as you are meant to share).

• Visited May 2014

“Good, but not my thing”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I went here with other people who know Cambodian food. Everything comes out family style, some items were very good while others weren't bad, but a little too strong in flavors that were previously unknown to me. It's small and tight which in Philly is expected with many places, if the food and service are good it doesn't matter. The service was prompt and pleasant. I won't be going back, not because it was bad but because it just wasn't for me. If you like Cambodian food this place should be great because the people that I went with have been in Cambodia and they said the food was spot on.

• Visited April 2014
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“First Time's a Winner”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

First time for Cambodian food. If you've never tasted it don't miss this little gem in South Philly. They suggest family style and the portions were more than sufficient for the three of us. We had a special chicken curry that was more of a soup or stew. The chicken was amazingly tender. The salad had nice strips of pork and was very tasty. Our last dish was a seafood combination with mussels, shrimp and calamari. The sauces and flavors were wonderful.
Service was excellent and the entire staff was friendly. When my wife asked where she could buy lemongrass they gave her a couple of stalks. We'll be back soon.
Cash only, BYOB

• Visited February 2014
south jersey
“Cambodia food introduction”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

A very small, corner restaurant in South Philadelphia. As we waited for a table they took our order so that it would be ready when we were seated a short while later.
This was our first introduction to Cambodian food and I must say it wont be our last.
The prices were reasonable, the service good, and most important the food was very good.
They recommend family sharing, I think because the kitchen is small and they can't bring many platters to the table at the same time, but here it is a good way to have your dinner and sample different things.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Very good food and cheap. Service is fast and friendly. A very satisfying experience, making plans to go back very soon.