“Excellent experience at Serpico”
Review of Serpico

Serpico
Reserve with OpenTable
Serpico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 4,519 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

When I made the reservation I specifically requested to be seated at the bar the surrounds the open kitchen, and I am very happy I did. We had the best seats in the house and were able to see each and every dish before they were served. Menu highlights for us include the deep fried duck leg on a potato roll, the short ribs, and the seasonal vegetable plate. The service was friendly and attentive but never rushed or overbearing. I can't wait to return.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Serpico’s is a fun dining experience. The food is different and creative and some of it is really really good, which means that some of it just tries too hard and ends up overwhelming its own flavors. The service was off - we had people take away appetizers that weren’t finished, once we got our food we sat for a long time with no one coming by to see if we needed anything, and then a waiter completely clear the table except for one person who was still eating (we looked to see if people were waiting for the table but no one was). So, that was a little off. The restaurant has a very limited selection of non-aloholic drinks (e.g. no ice tea) and a limited dessert menu. Still, we were glad we went and had a good time.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is inventive and tasty. The service is friendly. The prices are not astronomic. I would certainly return.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I decided to review this restaurant in three section, decor & staff, food and experience. First decor & staff.

The decor is pretty cool with menus painted on the walls in a very hip atmosphere. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. As it was our first time here, we needed their guidance thru their most interesting menu. Also, since we were having varied items, we allowed our server to select the wine (Sorelle Palzzi, Toscana) which was a perfect choice.

The food, it was as good as expected. We started with the sliced farm pig head and the oxtail soup. The pig with the burnt onion mustard was wonderful, although my wife had a problem getting past the thought. The oxtail soup was terrific, I have alway wanted to try it and am glad I did. Next we had the egg custard and caviar. I think that this was my wife's favorite. This dish was definitely a party in your mouth. Next the Cope's corn ravioli... Wow, excellent! And finally the lamb ribs for 2. These literally melted in your mouth. Also an excellent choice. The food was great and and we can't wait to return to try the remainder of the menu.

Now for the experience. All in all it was a delightful experience. We did sit at the chef's counter and I must say, it wasn't all that special. Since a lot of the ingredients were preped ahead of time watching everyone pulling out plastic containers and assembling the dishes got boring and I would have rather sat at a table and looked at my wife. Serpico worked along with his staff all night.

All in all, the restaurant was well worth the month ahead reservation. I would definitely return and would highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

In looking to see where we wanted to celebrate our 22nd anniversary, we took the many suggestions from friends and went to Serpico's. It's a Steven Starr restaurant, with a New York style atmosphere. It's nicely casual, with an excellent menu. We started with Pig Tail (I know what you're thinking) but it was delicious. We also ordered the pulled pasta, which was excellent. Our entrees were the Short Ribs and Duck Breast, both very nicely prepared. The dessert was an oh, so yummy warm cake with ice cream on the side. The wine, great food, service and open kitchen setting, helped to make this year's anniversary celebration, an excellent one.