“Absolutely well done!”
Review of NOORD eetcafe

NOORD eetcafe
Reserve with OpenTable
NOORD eetcafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Friendly and accommodating..stopped in as part of our tasting of the area. Noord was our first stop..it was early but there were quite a few people already eating (good sign).. We sat at the counter and shared the smoked fish platter; salmon, whitefish and scallops tastefully dressed and served with house made pickles and homemade hearty bread..delicious. We will return for a full meal! Thank you Noord team

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The moment we sat down for our reservation we felt we were at a friend's house. The wait staff and chef were very friendly; we felt like regulars. The appetizers, entrees, and desserts exceeded our expectations as did the open air ambiance and outdoor seating. We could eat here every night!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We loved that restaurant! Every single dish was good, more than good, everything was excellent. The herring sandwiches were great, but should be shared. It's quite a lot for one person as a starter. We had the mustard soup and it was fantastic! Never thought a mustard soup would be good so we were very surprised. Then we had the rabbit and fish and they were both excellent. The fish was served with beets and apples and sour cream and dill. A very good combination. For dessert, the best apple pudding I've every had, honestly!!! But way too big for one person after this big meal. Keep room for dessert!! It's BYOB.
The staff was extremely nice, very welcoming and took time to chat with us. And since we forgot to bring wine, the chef offered us some! How much nicer can you be?
I wish I lived in Philadelphia because I would definitely go again.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We read about Noord in a local paper and decided to give it a try. We both had an excellent dinner. The service was very attentive and even had a nice conversation with one of the owners. Make sure you call ahead for a reservation.

1  Thank KathyMoon
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I chose Noord for an anniversary dinner. After poring over dozens of menus looking for the right spot, we picked Noord for its unique cuisine (nothing like it here in Philly). So glad we did!

The service was attentive and friendly, but not over-solicitous. And I was impressed that the chef was participating actively in greeting and serving the customers. Including talking about the specials and even pouring water. Later in the meal, when we asked about one of the salad dressings (it was so delicious), he came to our table and told us how he made it. In these times of celebrity chefs, I really appreciated this warm and personal touch. Other staff were similarly warm and pleasant.

The food was terrific- The homemade bread was oaty and served with sweet butter and roasted garlic cloves. We started with the herring sliders, which were tart and pickly and balanced nicely by the soft rolls -- and the mustard soup, a thick soup with a clear mustard taste that was perfect in combination with the sweet scallop in the middle. My companion ordered a special croquette that was served with some salad that had a dressing so delicious it almost outshone the rest of the dish. I ordered the braised rabbit which had a smoky taste imparted by a couple of pieces of smoked sausage in the stew, balanced with sour from some vinegar, and all in a slightly creamy (but not heavy) base. Everything was delicious. I'd read many glowing reviews about the almond butter cake - and was so happy they had one piece left, I ordered it even though I was pretty full. I did not regret it... a slightly almondy pound cake with an almond cream on top and marzipany sauce -- I <3 almond/marzipan, and rarely find it on chocolate heavy dessert menus. It was awesome.

The only downside of this place was that, when full, it's a bit noisy b/c it's small. This made conversation a bit more challenging. On the other hand - the open windows made for a delight fresh feeling, and as the place emptied (we were there late) the noise level dropped. Be aware that parking is very tight in this neighborhood, and give yourself time to find a spot before going to Noord - and DO go to Noord!

1  Thank Karen E