“Disappointing.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bliss - CLOSED

Bliss
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Walnut & Locust
Transit: Easily accessible by bus, train, and subway.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location of this restaurant is great, we found the ambience to be very good, and our waitress was friendly and attentive.

But, our entrees were BEYOND disappointing. I ordered the Lobster Risotto for $26. I expected to receive a good amount of lobster meat for that price - in the entire dish, there was one small piece of claw meat, that's it. My wife ordered the Seafood Hot Pot which is $30. It consisted of two shrimp, one scallop and a very small piece of salmon. In all reality, the prices of these dishes should be around $15 based on what you're receiving. Paying $26 and $30, respectively, is simply beyond comprehension and borders on taking advantage of the customer.

Because our waitress was so friendly, I decided against complaining to the manager about our meal. But I should have. This place needs to get it's act together.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ericoddo

Lambertville, New Jersey
“Awful Food & Awful Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went for restaurant week and have been to many high end restaurants in NY, Philadelphia and around the country in our travels and my work travels. This simply had to be the worst meal I have had in quite some time. The food tasted as it was precooked and reheated. The Gnocchi was over cooked and had the consistency of a starchy hockey puck. The Cod came and we were served two end pieces which over cooked with some sort of awful creamy basil sauce and a crispy pork belly hash. The pork belly fat was mushy. The menu reads very tasty but the reality the food is not there. The server tried to be nice but simply did not have a clue. He brought us the dessert menus and I said we would stick with what came with the special for restaurant

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
“Lovely Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited during Restaurant Week. Staff was exceptional! Food was good. It really depends on what you order. My partners for was phenomenal! I do plan on going again.

Philadelphia, New York
“Wait Staff Beyond Exceptional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is a lot of competition in Center City for good restaurants. This was our first time to try Bliss. The food was very good and tasty. The ambiance was very good, but the service was top of the line! The waiters were all very friendly and acted like they were happy with their jobs. They showed that they liked what they were doing, and they liked people. We noticed this, not just with our waitress, but with other waiters and the lady who checked us in.

Phila, PA
“Great pre or post show restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last weekend I took my mom & 12 yr old niece to see Les Mis at the Academy of Music. We were going to the matinee so we went to Bliss for lunch before the show. Our waiter Kevin was great. Very personable. very helpful. The atmosphere is beautiful, very tranquil. The bathroom was an issue though. I'm in a wheelchair & it would not fit in the handicap stall nor would the door lock. My niece had to hold the door shut for me. The food itself was very good. I ordered the crab gnudi which I had never had before. I shared this this my mom & niece & we were all underwhelmed. My niece had gotten the poached pear salad, which again we all shared. We all agreed it was out of this world! For entree's I had the salmon which was very good, my mom had the lobster risotto & I thought it was dry (plus I don't like lobster) but she enjoyed it. My niece is a vegetarian (as am I but I do eat fish) and she ordered one of the specials, the vegetarian chili. Although a little spicy for her, she really enjoyed it especially after adding the sliced avocado to it! We were too full for lunch but they had a gelato I was dying to try, goat cheese & fig. I hope they have it when we go back, which we plan to do!