“Walked in and walked out...”
Review of Aromatic House of Kabob - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aromatic House of Kabob
Neighborhood: City Center East
Description: Persian Restaurant And Hookah Bar one of Americas Best Companies
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Didn't even get the chance to sample anything because it was the middle of the summer and no air conditioning, so hot as hell! It would have been unbearable to stay... If you try it, come in the winter, although who knows, maybe it won't be heated! From reading others' reviews, this is not a place I will return to, even though the food may be good, it sounds like service is horrendous... Especially since there are other really good middle eastern places right across the street, with good service AND food!

Reviewed July 30, 2008

I would have to say I was very impressed with the whole dining experience from the delicious app, kabob, desert, and the wonderful service we were given from the moment we walked in the door until we left. The owner even came by our table to ask how everything was and if there was ANYTHING she could do to make our dining experience even better. She was a very friendly lady whose main concern was that her cutomers were happy. I would definatly recommend Aromatic to my friends and for sure will return for another amazing dinner!!

Reviewed March 29, 2008

I enjoyed my Chelo Kabob and a taste of my wife's Joojeh Kabob. She also enjoyes the meal. The waiter was very friendly and courteous, food was delicious and price was fair. I am happy that I don't have to go to Maryland for a good Persian Kabob any more.

Reviewed June 8, 2007

We were very disappointed with the House of Kabob. The hostess was not a charming or warm person. She was more interested in smoking the hookah and talking on the cell. The place has no personality. The old ice cream parlor wrought iron and glass tables are uncomfortable. The service is uneven. We chose the family dinner, 16.99 a person for 7 people. The apps, humus, salad and the cucumber yogurt dish were fine. The tables were too small for us and for the food. The meat dish arrived very quickly after we were done with the apps, not giving us a small break to digest. The meat dish looks impressive, and for the most part was. However, some of the meat was overcooked. The bahklava, the only dessert, was dry and stale. The Turkish coffee arrive with sugar in it and was too sweet.

You have to ask the server for everything here, including to remove plates. They expect people to eat their apps and entrees on the same plates. Lazy.

There are too many byob places in the city that will reward you for coming. This is not one.

Reviewed March 21, 2007

While the food was good, the lady who served us was terribly rude. Right from banging our plates down, to being hostile -- she spoilt what could have been a delightful evening. Every conversation with her took superhuman effort on our part to not get angry. Considering we were a group of 11 people in an otherwise empty restaurant, service should have been better. I will never go back to this restaurant. Demanding more than 20% tip at the end of it, of course took the cake !