“Excellent Meal”
Review of Panorama

Panorama
Reserve with OpenTable
Panorama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Market Street
Description: A feast for the senses,Panorama offers authentic trattoria-style dining in the heart of Old City. The Northern region influences our Philadelphia Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pastas, authentic veal dishes, and fresh seafood specialties. A distinctive feature of Panorama is our unique wine bar, Il Bar, with its custom-built, 120-bottle wine dispensing unit, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I dined on a Friday evening, taking advantage of a special offer for Restaurants in the Old City week.

The wine list was extensive, and our waiter was knowledgeable and comfortable making suggestions to match our meals, producing an excellent overall experience.

My wife is a vegetarian, and found that there was a slightly limited range of vegetarian options for an Italian restaurant, but both dishes she had (asparagus and gnocchi) were excellent. I had the spinach pasta with sausage and veal, and both were fantastic. Given that we went on a very hot day, the ice cream and limoncello we had for dessert were extremely welcome (and tasty!)

We really enjoyed our visit, and it was superb value on the special offer ($35 for three courses). The only reason for four rather than five stars is that at full price the menu is a trifle expensive.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great food and wine menu we had the city food special 35.00 for course meal
Staff was very attentive
Wine list was extensive
Highly recommend this place

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This restaurant was top notch from the service to the wine and the wonderful homemade pastas. Its a great place!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Food is delicious and the atmosphere is top notch. "Flights of Wine" is a very different way to taste several wine. Dinner was outstanding and we loved our experience!!

1  Thank funkyface45
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was excited to visit this restaurant and wine bar. Italian restaurant and wine bar - what more can you ask for ? They have the largest selection of wines by the glass and that was really fun and I selected two wines that I loved. They serve wine crackers and they were very tasty. The wait staff even offered a tasting before ordering. They also have wine flights that are interesting and affordable, but I would rather choose my own flight. I liked the wine bar.
We started off dinner with the Funghi appetizer, mushrooms in puff pastry with fontina cheese and it was GREAT. I selected the spinach pasta "ribbons" with sweet Italian sausage in a tomato sauce. The ribbons were over -overcooked and I didn't see any italian sausage. The sauce was tasteless and non-specific as if it was pureed. Again, no sign of any Italian sausage. I should have returned my meal. My friend selected the lobster ravioli and it was bland. After the appetizer, we were looking forward to a great dinner and it was a real disappointment. There was a decent crowd there for Friday night, but I will not return. Food on website may appear different than at the restaurant.

1  Thank ValentinoVentrella