“Great Meal & Wine Enthusiast Dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Panorama

Panorama
Reserve with OpenTable
Panorama is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Market Street
Description: A feast for the senses,Panorama offers authentic trattoria-style dining in the heart of Old City. The Northern region influences our Philadelphia Italian restaurant, featuring homemade pastas, authentic veal dishes, and fresh seafood specialties. A distinctive feature of Panorama is our unique wine bar, Il Bar, with its custom-built, 120-bottle wine dispensing unit, the current Guinness Book of World Records holder.
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Great Meal & Wine Enthusiast Dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Revisted this old Philly stand by recently during restaurant week . I haven't been to this place in several years but glad that I did during my recent business in Old City Philly. It being restaurant week was added bonus at this placed. Menu options were not limited other then by portions which made for interesting dinner options. First ,the service was impeccible from the time we sat down in the dining area . You can be seated and dine in adjoining bar which display the many mines by the glass etc. I had argula salad to start which really set up the rest of the meal. It was then followed by 2nd course of pasta medley of gnocchi, penne and ravoli sampler with pesto, marinara and light cream sauces. My entree was branzino fish saute in wine and olive oil that was acented by fresh herbs. Everyhting came out hot and time just right with the pace of our meal. I also selected one of the many wine flights which was hard to choose from but waiter was great help. The rest of the food consumed by my party of chicken, veal was devoured by all. I would definlty recommend this place for any occasion. If you enjoy great Italian food , wonderful service in a great atmoshere this is the place. Others have opined about the wine bar and list and their right. Dined here during the week so it was too crowded and made reservation thru open table. Manga !!!

• Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wines, mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The wine selection by the glass is terrific, but the food we had was mediocre at best and clearly did not meet the expectation of a fine dining establishment. I haven't been back and don't plan to even though I am a wine guy.

East Coast, NJ
“Wow! What a Wine Bar and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a party of four and decided to give this place a try with their restaurant week specials. This is a very inviting place to relax and the main dining room is nicely decorated. We went to the bar for a cocktail before dinner. Large bar and this extensive wine on tap system. As I recall they have over 150 bottles of wine on tap. They serve these flights that seemed to be selling very well. I had a Negroni cocktail. Very well made. My wife had a Margarita. They use a special smoky Tequila. It took a little getting used to but by the end of our time at the bar my wife enjoyed it. Others had wine.

On to the dining room. We ordered off the Restaurant Week Special Menu. Two of us had the Funghi Fritti. Fried mushrooms. You get three good size ones and they were wonderful. Very tasty. For an entrée I had the three pastas which was excellent. Two in our party had the filet mignon. Not like you would get at a great steak house but good. Unfortunately my wife's came out well instead of medium. Since it was not to her liking we sent it back and asked for the three pastas since we thought that would be quicker. Another person in our party also had the filet and although it wasn't as well done it was cooked more than she wanted it. Another person in our party had the brined pork. That was excellent. Next time we get that.

We enjoyed the place and the food was very good. If you are in the neighborhood and looking for some good Italian Food you should stop in. Excellent location when you are in Old Town.

• Visited January 2013
PA
“Way too”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Panorama mainly out of convenience as we were staying at the Penn's View Hotel above the restaurant. I had heard that the place was very trendy, and I typically am one who enjoys a good atmosphere. It was around 8:30 on a Saturday night, and we were seated promptly, even though it appeared quite busy. After waiting about 20 minutes to get waters, I was slightly annoyed. I was underwhelmed by the menu, but decided on stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer for around $14, which seemed very reasonable. Well, they were out of the mushrooms. So we ordered an antipasto dish instead. The best part of the dish was the fresh mozzarella, otherwise, nothing special at all.

For an entree, I ordered a half-portion of the gnocchi with red sauce ($14, again reasonable for a "fancy" restaurant) while my boyfriend ordered a full portion ($26 or more) of linguine with a seafood cream sauce. After waiting a very short time, our food came out, and it appeared my boyfriend had gotten the HALF portion instead of the full. We immediately brought it to the food runner's attention, thinking they would cook up another plate, but he brought the SAME plate back out with a little more pasta and sauce on it. It was BARELY lukewarm. After reading other complaints, the temperature of the food seems to be a real problem. My gnocchi was slightly hotter, but certainly not fresh out of the pot. The gnocchi itself was very good, but I found the sauce mediocre and over reduced. Based on the entrees, we opted to not get dessert.

The best part of the entire restaurant is its wines. I ordered one of the more inexpensive wine "Flights" (6 1.5 oz glasses of various wines to taste) which I thoroughly enjoyed. I would have gotten another glass of one of the wines I particularly liked in the "Flight" but I was so put off by the rest of the experience I just wanted to get out. Our bill came to $100.00 for what I thought was mediocre service and mediocre italian food. AND the place was mainly filled with snotty people trying too hard. Would not go back again unless strictly getting alcohol.

• Visited December 2012
Cincinnati
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Food was great. Old school Italian joint. Charming. Price point was very good, if you like wine, this is a great place to go.

Visited December 2012