“Salsa”
Review of El Vez Restaurant

El Vez Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Vez Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station.
Severn, Maryland
“Salsa”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The overall atmosphere is pretty cool and hip at El Vez. I ordered the steak fajita which was pretty standard, however the star of the meal was the al a carte corn on the cob...delish. I also ordered salsa and chips....which was not complimentary. I tried two different margaritas, 'The Pink Cadillac' and the 'Blood Orange Margarita' they were good but not notable. Overall great service and good food.

Visited July 2014

Westminster, Maryland
“Incredibly Loud”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

When we arrived here, they told us the wait for a table for 2 would be an hour and 15 minutes, but as we turned to leave, a table right next to the bar opened up. We were seated, but unfortunately a group next to us did seem to notice, so their backsides were pretty much in our faces. It was incredibly loud, which I kind of expected since other reviews had noted as much, but it was worse than anticipated. We ordered one of their guacamoles, which was really good - flavor and portion size. Their salsa tasted homemade and was really good as well. Boyfriend ordered mahi mahi tacos, which he liked. I ordered the carnitas as that's what the waiter recommended when I asked which were better - carnitas vs. beef tacos. They came out and were very small (as noted in other reviews) - 3 bites per taco. I tasted them and had to send them back; they were completely under-seasoned and had almost no flavor. I've made much better at home. I requested the beef tacos instead, and while they were fine (meat was cooked perfectly), again, huge lack of flavor. There was absolutely no flavor on the meat. The pico on top was good, but that's about it. They left me disappointed since the reason we went there was because Yelp had some really good reviews for the restaurant. Overall, I'd go back for happy hour beverages and their guacamole, but not for a dinner entree.

• Visited July 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Delicious, non-authentic upscale Mexican food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place is known for their guacamole. It's awesome and they have like 10 different types. My husband and I split the taco platter and it was delicious! Very small tacos- like three bites each, but they were so flavorful. Upscale places, reservations recommended, but they fit us in without one. Loved the atmosphere. Margaritas and drinks were made with FRESH juice, which we loved. We loved it and would definitely go back.

Visited July 2014
Kilcullen, Ireland
“Tasty food, small portions”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Just back from my first visit to el fez! Had the guacamole to start...AMAZING! I ordered the beef tacos as a main course and was very disappointed to find three mini tacos on the plate when they arrived. I had a limeade to drink which was deliciously refreshing. Our waitress was very friendly and incredibly attentive. I would definitely recommend the restaurant but be warned the main course portions are small.

abingdon md
“Tasty”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here for lunch. Not crowded at all and got seated right away. The original guacamole was so good we needed a chip refill. Entrees were good and generous.

• Visited June 2014