“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Indeblue

Indeblue
Reserve with OpenTable
Indeblue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Indeblue restaurant and bar is conveniently located just blocks from Philadelphia's major theaters and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Dine with us and experience Chef Ramola's chef tasting menu, four courses that you choose. We offer wine pairing and draft craft beer flights that compliment your chef tasting menu. Happy Hour at Indeblue is 5:00pm-7:00pm daily at the bar. Enjoy exotic specialty cocktails, wine, craft draft and bottled beer and appetizer specials. Enjoy live sitar and tabla every Tuesday evening. Our Sunday brunch menu features traditional Indian breakfast and lunch items as well as omelets, french toast and wraps prepared with a touch of Indian flair. Specialty brunch craft cocktails are also available. We look forward to serving you.
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We went for date night and there was nothing to complain about aside from it being a bit noisey. The attentive service was spot on. The food was well prepared and presented. We were offered a tasting of the 'soup of the moment' , which was pleasant and unexpected surprise. For appetizer, we had the dahi avocado chaat. Dinner was the seafood moilee (jumbo shrimp and lump crab meat) and malwani swordfish; both of which were cooked to perfection. For dessert was the banana nirvana, which was a perfect end to a perfect meal. If I had to take issue with anything, it would be only getting 1 piece of naan to serve two people for $3. I think they should have at least have two pieces. Aside from that, Indeblue will remain a staple on our dining out experience.

• Visited March 2014

Montgomery County, PA
“Good choice on a snowy evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were on our way to the Prince Music Theater to see Chas Palminteri do his one man show a Bronx Tale when we stopped here by chance. One of us had heard of the restaurant and we decided to to take a chance and see if we could squeeze in on a Saturday evening. They were able to accommodate us without a reservation. I am glad they did.

They had a chef's tasting menu available that sounded very good an others near us were enjoying it. however, it looked a little to much for the three of us. We ordered from the regular menu.

Of particular note, I enjoyed sharing the the crispy spinach chaat with my partner.It was very good. I ordered and enjoyed a potato leek soup. That was followed by the lamb biryani which I also enjoyed. The lamb itself was excellent. Both of my guests ordered chicken entrees: chicken madras and chicken tikka masala. I tasted both dishes and found them very tasty.

Service was very good and the server explained dishes very nicely and made good recommendations.

The venue was very full when we arrived so it was a bit noisy. But, it was not overbearingly loud. The location on 13th street near Walnut and Chancellor made it convenient to theaters, the Academy of Music and other attractions.

It was a first time visit for the three of us and all would be happy to return.

• Visited February 2014
Washington
“Great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

The chef's complementary trio of soups may have been the best part of our meal, but the rest of the food was very tasty as well. The space is a bit noisy, and the bar area is cramped, but it's a nice choice for dining out in downtown.

• Visited December 2013
Blacksburg, VA
“Great restaurant, Food was wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was in town on business and occasionally choose Indian cuisine. This restaurant was close to my hotel and after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give it a whirl. I happened to hit it during Restaurant Week so the menu was limited. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed each of the four courses. First, the chef served some samples of various soups and they were all wonderful. As a starter, I chose the fried spinach salad which was quite unusual but very good. My entrée choice was the seafood with swordfish and shrimp served with a variety of traditional Indian sauces. I also had the Naan (garlic version). Finally, I finished off with the bananas and cinnamon/vanilla ice cream. The restaurant was packed and lively with a lot of energy. I would definitely return to Indeblue on my next trip to Philly.

• Visited January 2014
Philadelphia, PA
“Wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

As Philadelphians we have a few favorite restaurants and don't often find a new one that pleases us. What a pleasant surprise to go to IndeBlue during Philadelphia's traditional Restaurant Week. We found everything to be superb: the food, the service, the elegant room with a cozy bar. Our waiter could not have been more gracious, providing me with all I needed to know to cope with my gluten intolerance. The dishes were unusual, plentiful and extremely tasty, with many sauces of interest, a vegetarian, fish and chicken entree to choose from, and desserts ranging from light and tasty to rich and irresistible.

• Visited January 2014