“A Jewel in the East”
Review of Indeblue

Indeblue
Reserve with OpenTable
Indeblue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 4,392 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Indeblue restaurant and bar is conveniently located just blocks from Philadelphia's major theaters and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Dine with us and experience Chef Ramola's chef tasting menu, four courses that you choose. We offer wine pairing and draft craft beer flights that compliment your chef tasting menu. Happy Hour at Indeblue is 5:00pm-7:00pm daily at the bar. Enjoy exotic specialty cocktails, wine, craft draft and bottled beer and appetizer specials. Enjoy live sitar and tabla every Tuesday evening. Our Sunday brunch menu features traditional Indian breakfast and lunch items as well as omelets, french toast and wraps prepared with a touch of Indian flair. Specialty brunch craft cocktails are also available. We look forward to serving you.
“A Jewel in the East”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I prepare traditional Indian meals at home from scratch. While in Philadelphia on business, I checked out the Indian restaurants near my hotel. Indeblue is worth a repeat trip alone! I wasn't really hungry for a full meal so I just ordered an appetizer, the crispy spinach salad. I've prepared something similar with kale but this was so much more flavorful than my dish. I was excited and had to try something else so I got the wings to test the sauce. I am not a wing eater and have never prepared them. The wings held their crispness with the spicy chili sauce that made them delightful. The sauce was spicy without demanding sweat or tears, smooth as silk, with a peppery aftertaste -- perfect on a super-cold snowy night. Great presentation on everything. Great beer selection. Nice attention from the staff for a single diner sitting at the bar when tables were full on a Saturday night. Decor is classy, sophisticated, muted; acoustics excellent so I didn't have to listen to the conversation of others.

• Visited January 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Creative menu, excellent service.”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good all-around experience. A little noisy, but that's the price you pay when a friendly atmosphere loosens up patrons. Surprising choices from appetizer to entree.

Visited January 2014
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Dinner On New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous prix fixe dinner here on New Year's Eve. There was even live sitar music -- great atmosphere. The staff was very attentive and were great about getting the courses to us in a timely way so we could catch a show. We loved the crispy spinach salad, the pistachio naan, the lobster entree and both the fig and the banana desserts. We left the restaurant happy, full and satisfied and excited to come back again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Luci_J_M
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Great Vegetarian and Vegan Options”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our family is vegetarian and one of us also needs to eat gluten-free. This restaurant does a great job labeling their menu and providing vegan options for dishes that normally include diary. The spices were fantastic. We often eat Indian and this is one of the best we have had. The service was spot on and the decor and overall atmosphere was very nice. We are a family of 4 with two children and they were very accommodating to all of us. Highly recommend!

• Visited December 2013
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here with friends after a very cold Army Navy game. We were seated very quickly and welcomed with a taste of soup as we sat down. Food was wonderful with tons of flavor. Would eat here again.

1 Thank Lvmeme