“Great Thai and Asian Food”
Review of Pattaya Grill

Pattaya Grill
Ranked #1,652 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Neighborhood: University City
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great Thai and Asian food, large menu selection, fast service. Can be crowded on a weekend evening. Curries, Pineapple Fried Rice are the specialties. Close walk to west end of Penn campus.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the pad thai & the coconut soup. We also had the calamari on a bed of lettuce. The sauce was spicy hot, so I requested one that's not since I'm not fond of spicy foods, and they gave me a good one. The lunch & early bird specials are very affordable. Really enjoyed the meal, and our alcoholic beverages (I had the strawberry daiquiri). Recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This was our treat after eight hours on the road - and what a treat it was. We are in Philly for four days for a conference and by the end of dinner were plotting how we could get back for another chance at this menu, but it will be hard to pass on the great things we had. The chicken dumplings were a great start, delicately flavored in a very thin shell with a perfect dipping sauce. We shared our three main courses as well. When my friend ordered the pineapple fried rice with cashews, I wasn't expecting much. Wrong! Fluffy rice with interesting mix of tastes. Late Night Noodles seemed a perfect choice ad 9:30 pm and it sure was. Wide noodles with perfectly cooked sea food. The most uusual was Naam Ngeow, a traditional dish feauring stewed pork and a light curry over thin hand made noodles, we've never had anything like it. I finished off with hot ginger tea. My mouth was burning from the ginger, but it was so delicious that I never even shared! And when the bill came we felt almost guilty!

1  Thank bflovector
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very good food but service can definitely improve. Received wrong food orders and had to send the food back.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

food is fresh,great selection.
interesting and exotic spices.