“Taste of Philly in a Wheelchair Campo's”
Review of Campo's

Campo's
Ranked #179 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1947, the Campo family has been making Philly's best sandwiches, homemade soups, and fresh salads.
Abington, Pennsylvania
“Taste of Philly in a Wheelchair Campo's”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

When you’re in a wheelchair you learn there are some things you’ll have to learn to do without. Thanks to Campo’s, Cheese Steaks and Italian Hoagies aren’t one of them. Located at 214 Market St in the heart of Old City Philadelphia I was able to wheel myself right in the door, order my steak and then sit out on the sidewalk and enjoy the sites.

They do have seating inside but it is a little cramped and the day was so beautiful I didn’t even consider sitting inside. Like a lot of Folks I ordered my steak with “Whiz” and then proudly wore my badge of honor for the rest of the day because a big glob of whiz dripped on my shirt.

Like I said, I gladly wore it with pride. Make sure you grab some napkins before you go out side you'll need one with whiz. Don't let the shirt stain deter you, it's well worth it.

Seriously though, Campo’s has great sandwiches. You haven’t lived until you try the “Godfather”: Chicken, Broccoli Rabe, Sweet Roasted Peppers, Sharp Provolone, Grilled Tomatoes and Onions on an Italian roll.

For me an Italian Hoagie is still my favorite and Campo's makes a great one. Their Italian Hoagie is so good I recently sent two overnight to a friend formerly from the area who now lives by Buffalo, NY and she was in heaven.

So if you’re traveling in a wheelchair and want a taste of Philly, Campo’s is wheelchair accessible and a great place to relax, have a sandwich and people watch. Quite a few historical sites are right around the corner so it's the perfect place to put on your list of places to visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Awesome”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best philly cheese steak around. A real treat. The staff and cooks are friendly and the food will not disappoint.

“Cheesesteak bust!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Too bad.....the sandwich just didn't deliver. Very little flavor which was simply a shock due to the high praise we had heard from a local. Had to put a lot of salt on it just to "feel it". We have had much better sandwiches at a chain cheesesteak place! I also agree that the cashier/owner's daughter is not a friendly person. Also, the space for sit-down eating was very cramped.

Salem, Oregon
“Campo's for Cheesesteak”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Asking a stranger in Philadelphia where to get the best cheesesteak sandwich, I was directed to Campos on Market Street and was not disappointed. Very flavorful and filling. I ordered the cheese steak with cheese whiz, the local favorite, cole slaw and a local beer. All this and a tip took care of $20. Very friendly people, both the staff and the customers. Close to the historical venues.

Jupiter, Florida
“Authentic Philly CheeseSTEAK”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

While touring the Old City of downtown Philadelphia, we wanted to try authentic cheesesteak so we stopped at Campo's which we found on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed.
The location on East Market was convenient and easy to find. Outdoor, streetside, seating was available. We decided to eat indoors, in the small cafe style dining area.
The limited menu still offered several Philly sandwiches. The waitress was patient and helpful. We decided to share "the works", sliced beef, grilled onions and peppers and provalone cheese. It was excellent. We also shared a side of bleu cheese stuffed olives. yum!
No wine available but they offer several juices, soda and some bottled beer.
The building itself is old - authentic Philadelphia.
Good location, delicious cheesesteak, and friendly service!

Visited May 2013