“Tradition!”

Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Lubbock
“Tradition!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I fly in from TX to PA once or twice a year...first place I want to go is Lorenzo's...35 years in the same place, with the same people, same fabulous pizza. The crust is just exactly the right thickness and texture, toppings are plentiful, sauce primo. Love the atmosphere and the entire experience. I am hoping to get by there again before leaving the NE this year. GO to Lorenzo's for the best pizza ever. My grandkids have eaten regular menu items and everything we have gotten is great. And I love the fact it is in the Italian Market area...great area to stroll around looking at a variety of foods!

• Visited June 2013

New York
“Local recommendation for Philly cheese steak.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Not Pat's, nor Geno's. Local spot for Philly cheese steak without frills or theatre. Had the standard recommended sandwich with onions and it tasted great

• Visited May 2013
Waldorf, Maryland
“Best pizza. Ever.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for fancy, skip this. If you want the best pizza in Philadelphia, do lot go anywhere else. It's a little corner spot in Philadelphia's Italian Market that doesn't look like much but is proof that looks aren't everything. You can go inside to one of a few tables and eat, of order at the window on the sidewalk. They have more on the menu than pizza, but the pizza is so fantastic, that's all we ever get. The crust is the perfect combination of chewy and crispy. The sauce has a robust tomato taste. The mozzarella has a hint if saltiness that sets it apart from the bland cheese so often used in pizza. There is no room for improvement here. We never go to the Italian Market without getting a slice from Lorenzo.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank renner620
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“Holy @&%^ this is the BEST pizza”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

while in Philly yesterday we stopped in their Little Italy to look around. we found ourselves on the corner of 9th and Christian and my son said "let's get a slice" so as we walked away sharing a slice we both said " this is the best pizza I have ever had". This is the truth people and I wished we had this place in Pittsburgh!!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank James S
Stamford, Connecticut
“I love this place”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been visiting Lorenzo's since the mid-1990s, when I happen to be in Philadelphia. I love the Italian market area (which, sadly, seems to be gentrifying a bit) and I love this place. It always looked really scruffy, a plus from my point of view, until there was a fire there last July. Now is is restored and much cleaner looking, which somehow for me takes away from the experience a bit.

But have no fear, they apparently haven't cleaned the grill for several generations. The best place to sit is on a stool, facing the incredibly encrusted grill. And the best thing to order, for me, is a Phillie cheese steak slathered with onions and drenched with Cheese Whiz. Pure heaven.

• Visited October 2012