“Disappointing Service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 12th
Description: Delicious and uniquely local seafood dishes combine with an elegant, modern atmosphere at SoleFood. Chef Thomas Harkins creates cutting-edge, contemporary American cuisine, offering seafood-inspired choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner, using the very freshest ingredients in his farm-to-table techniques. The freshest fish, meat and produce, locally sourced from regional farmers make dishes like Pan Seared Pocono Trout, Butter Poached Barnegat Bay Fluke and Jersey Sea Scallop Salad truly special. Our Reading Terminal Cheese Plate even features local artisanal cheeses, and, if you’re not in the mood for seafood, there are plenty of meat selections, from beef and lamb to tenderloin. Take a cozy table for two, or join the group at our lively communal table. Or, try traditional American treats like salads, sandwiches, pizza and burgers. Voted one of the “Top 10 Seafood Restaurants” in Philadelphia by Gayot Guide, SoleFood is the ideal dining spot for business or pleasure.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It was late, we were hungry and didn't want to go far or think too much, so we ended up at this place in the Loew's hotel. Our server was clueless, our food came at different times, some cold, some fine. Nothing overwhelming, and not worth the price. I would not do this again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have traveled to Philly many times and enjoyed the restaurants. I was staying at the Loews and would not have eaten here except I was there during the all time record date for rainfall and decided to eat in the hotel instead of braving the elements.

Ordered the roasted 1/2 chicken and it was excellent... breast was still moist... cooked perfectly. Like a lot of downtown restaurants it was expensive for chicken but that is just the way it is...

For a hotel restaurant it was great.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great surprise to hear music coming from the bar when arrived back at the hotel. Fun music and crowd

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had dinner by myself...artichoke soup, caesar salad, and grilled salmon. Words cannot describe how good this food was. Perhaps elegant is a good word. The service was top notch. I had met some friends in the bar before dinner and the cocktail service was slow. All in all, a pricey restaurant but worth every penny.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The waitresses are nice and the bar looks nice, but the price for the amount of drink I received was not worth me having a second.