“Dont order the scalops”
Review of SoleFood - CLOSED

SoleFood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 12th
Description: Delicious and uniquely local seafood dishes combine with an elegant, modern atmosphere at SoleFood. Chef Thomas Harkins creates cutting-edge, contemporary American cuisine, offering seafood-inspired choices at breakfast, lunch and dinner, using the very freshest ingredients in his farm-to-table techniques. The freshest fish, meat and produce, locally sourced from regional farmers make dishes like Pan Seared Pocono Trout, Butter Poached Barnegat Bay Fluke and Jersey Sea Scallop Salad truly special. Our Reading Terminal Cheese Plate even features local artisanal cheeses, and, if you’re not in the mood for seafood, there are plenty of meat selections, from beef and lamb to tenderloin. Take a cozy table for two, or join the group at our lively communal table. Or, try traditional American treats like salads, sandwiches, pizza and burgers. Voted one of the “Top 10 Seafood Restaurants” in Philadelphia by Gayot Guide, SoleFood is the ideal dining spot for business or pleasure.
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“Dont order the scalops”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ordered the scallops, got 4 for $24 and NOTHING else!!! Very pricey, not alot for your money. Go to Reading Terminal Market instead, so many choices!

Visited June 2013

Thames, New Zealand
“Great lunches”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was so good the first time, I returned for a second lunch. Seamless, friendly service and a fine food made it worth a 2nd trip, and I wasn't disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

First time in Philly, so I decided not to stray far from my hotel for dinner. So glad I made that decision. I started my meal with a delicious artichoke soup. Also tried to grilled octopus and oysters. Had the raspberry and Meyer-lemon for dessert. None of the meals failed to meet my expectations. Not only was he good spectacular, but service was on point. I wanted for nothing because someone was always at my side to serve me however they could. Ate a few more of my meals there during the rest of me stay. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Poor and very slow serve”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Do not use the tall cocktail tables. They are not secure. Food was not bad and drinks were good but the service was very slow in the bar area.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane
“Great quick lunch”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The restaurant had a 20 minute wait so,we ate in the bar area. It seemed much less noisy than the restaurant and we were perfectly comfortable at a bar table seated on high stools. On the ground floor of the Loew's hotel the Art Deco feel of the place is quite interesting. Our greeter (Cecelia) was a little stressed as the place was very busy for a Monday lunchtime however she made us comfortable and did a great job of serving us as well.

The artichoke and crab soup I had was light and flavoursome however the pasta I followed with was outstanding. Parpadelle with shrimp, sprout leaves and micro mushrooms was a standout. Balanced with just enough EVO and just the ideal amount of "crunch" to perfectly cooked fresh shrimp this was perfect lunchtime fare - I'll definitely be back!

• Visited May 2013