“Unique food, always good”
Review of Standard Tap

Standard Tap
Ranked #214 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been to Standard Tap many times and the food is always delicious and satisfying.The place is always jammed,but if you grab a drink and wait,a table or spot at one of the bars usually opens. Two of us went recently on a Saturday around 7:30,and after scoring a prime parking spot right in front,we were feeling lucky. Of course,not a seat available. We saw a small vacant table for 2 right in front of the kitchen,kinda set away from the dining rooms and bar.It was a busy walk-through for folks going upstairs and staff in and out of the kitchen. I did NOT want to sit there,but my boyfriend was hungry,so I relented.We always start with the octopus(yummy!) and I got the whole trout and he got the hanger steak and fries(our fav!). Both were superb and the table ended up being fun because of the continuous people watching and activity.Dont hesitate to sit there-I have a feeling its always open. The music is always loud and the place is noisy-not a romantic date destination.We also love the bread pudding or apple crisp for dessert.

1  Thank Mary A

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ventured from downtown to this outlying neighborhood for a completely different seting. inhabitants got much younger ( unfortunately we didnt) the buildings much more transitional ( new upscale housing mixed with other settings literally crumbling and housing plant life only) . Reached this 2nd street mini oasis of restaurants and shops. Standard Tap, very obviously a favorite, was crowded early on , on this sunday evening, and rightfully so. There are multi levels, street level inside bar, restaurqnt area, upstairs bar, tables, outside upper separate dining/ small event room and an upper outside coverd patio, complete with heaters. The patio was perfect on this 60 degree evening ..great for people watching on the street below and next door speciialty beer shop. Tried two oft he local IPAs on tap, with many more to choose from on the prominent wall chalkboard menu. Burgers, entrees, salads, soups, seafood were varied and made choosing a thoughtful process. opted for the chicken pot pie, not traditional but shredded chicken and fresh crunchy vegetables in puff pastry...more like a filling in a pastry than the thick chunky meat-and-gravy pie that defines the usual pot pie. Accompanied by the greens/apple/blue cheese salad ordered in addition, though it did come with dressed greens on the side also) it was a surprisingly light meal. The service was great..just enough to keep us informed and glasses filled, and with a smile. By the time we left the interior was packed ( not so much the patio, but that made it even better)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have only been to Standard Tap once and since we are not big drinkers, haven't been back. I ordered a steamed mussels dish and my husband ordered some kind of lamb something. For as much hype as we'd heard about Standard Tap, we were left a little puzzled over what the fuss?

Sure, both food and drink menu were chock full of unusual items we'd never heard of before but the meal was unmemorable for either of us. Had we been with a block of friends out for an evening of drinks and laughs, maybe we would feel differently but it certainly didn't have a date night vibe. Maybe if we'd gone out to eat at another eatery in Northern Liberties then walked over here for an after dinner drink we would feel differently. But, the history of the building is significant and they do support local, urban agriculture so it was nice to say we've been once.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I brought my husband here for his birthday. I was a little disappointed with the tap selection as they had no IPA's. The food was ok. My husband had the burger, which he enjoyed and I had the recommended, Chicken Pie which was dry and kind of flavorless. I would like to give this place another try, maybe on a weekend instead of week night? However, there were maybe 4 other people in the place and our service was lackluster. So, on a busy night will it be worse? Apparently, it was one of the bartender's birthday, so instead of the staff waiting on customers, they were constantly socializing with each other at the bar and taking shots.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for the Brooklyn Philly flea when we saw they had brunch. I had an omelet, the potato cake was delish. Hubby had the curry veggie salad and it was ridiculously good. Fresh, pickled carrots, chick peas, parsnips, arugula. Amazing. The cilantro creamed corn soup was awesome too. Highly recommend.

1  Thank PattiDisneyPlanner