“great neighborhood spot”

Neighborhood: City Center West
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great neighborhood spot”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Is been a while since I've been here. It's a great location, generous portions, moderately priced and delicious mostly Greek food. I admittedly over ordered which was OK because everything was great

Visited December 2013

Columbia, SC
“location and price are the big sells”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went here with the family a couple weeks ago based on recommendations and trip advisor. If it was not highly rated I guess I would have thought it was adequate, but given the ratings the food disappointing. Certainly the location is nice and the square across from Dmitri's is pretty. The food was very mixed. Mediterranean appetizer was quite good, the pinot at $8 a glass was bad, soft shell crabs were good but the grilled octopus was disappointing and the pan fried flounder special really wasn't great (overcooked). Service was so/so. The price though, totaled $100 for four people including tip which really seemed quite reasonable. I guess you get what you pay for here.

Visited August 2013
New York
“Beautiful View of Fitler Square”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I go to the Dmitri's on Fitler Square all the time. The food is about a B+ - pretty good but the view is definitely an A+ of the historic and beautifully maintained Fitler Square. Love it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank diner204
Phoenix, Arizona
“Got very sick from the food last night!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I ate at Dmitri's last night, we share the same food, but the breaded muscles got me sick. Terrible night!

• Visited July 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“My favorite Philly restaurant”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've been going to Dimitri's for over 15 years and it has never failed me! I prefer the 3rd and Catherine location even though it's tough to get seating at times (the restaraunt is tiny and there are no reservations). I usually go with friends and we always just split a bunch of appetizers and small plates versus ordering individual meals. Our favorites are the hummus (so so good with the freshly toasted pita), octopus (douse in lemon!), and the sauteed shrimp, though I have never had anything bad there (other than the entree sides mentioned below). The smelts and mussels are also very good. If you do get the entrees I would recommend the salmon or blue fish. One more note - the entrees come with bland rice and steamed greens. I don't know why they serve these still because I've never seen anyone eat them! Still, this is my favorite place in Philly and when you get the bill you will be very pleased at the low price you'll pay for an awesome meal!

• Visited January 2013