“Comfy french fair”
Review of Caribou Cafe

Caribou Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Caribou Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 12th Street
Transit: Take the Broad Street Line to Walnut, or the Market-Frankford Line to 11th Bus Lines: 23,47,21,42
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Caribou is near work so we head to this fun French bistro for lunch often. It has nice outdoor seating when the weather permits and the food and drinks are always very good.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a great little French bistro in the heart of Philly ... THe food is just simple French fair and is outstanding. the bar is beautiful and the view is perfect for people watching...

great place to visit

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Step thru the doors of this charming little bistro on Walnut Street & you might think you were on the Left Bank in Paris! With Edith Piaf singing in the background, Lautrec posters & black & white photos of Paris everywhere, the stage is set for an authentic & sophisticated French menu, featuring classics, such as cassoulet & salade frisee (warm & gooey w/ a poached egg, lardons & potatoes), as well as tantalizing specials that usually include fresh fish. The charming ambience is enhanced by a young, knowledgeable & cordial staff.

10  Thank Herstory_62
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My sister and I came here on a Saturday night. I don't know why it wasn't packed. They have lovely French cocktails. My sister ordered the skate and I had the chicken Wellington. She loved the skate and she loved the beans that came with it even more. My chicken was moist, flavorful, and the sauce was delicious. We cleaned our plates! We ended the meal with chocolate mousse for my sister and the crepe with salted caramel for me. The mousse was more firm than creamy and very dark and rich. It was a very large, maybe even too large of a serving. I don't think my crepe could have been more perfect. It was light and not too sweet.

The restaurant is charming with French posters and paintings of flowers. The colors are bright, but it has a romantic glow too.

I wish I had a Caribou Cafe in my neighborhood. I'd be a regular.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband had the cassoulet. It was a large portion for one and very flavorful. I had the beef bourgeon it was heavenly. The sauce tasted like cheese - sounds weird but true. It was divine! I could eat it everyday! I had a fab Bourduex w/ it. FYI if you don't want a 'tall' beer they have smaller sizes but don't advertise it.