“shades of golden unicorn on the bowery in nyc”
Review of Ocean Harbor

Ocean Harbor
Ranked #376 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I fondly remember many weekend mornings waiting for my number to be called in the lobby of the Golden Unicorn on the Bowery in NYC. One hour wait was short. After moving to Philadelphia we have been looking for the same kind of place. We found it: Ocean Harbor on Race Street. We waited only twenty minutes for our number to be called and were not disappointed by the number of carts and the quality of the food. Smaller by far than our remembered restaurant, but great food and service. And no train ride to NYC.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was little nervous about hosting a big family dinner in Chinatown since a lot of times the service is slow and rude. I was very pleased with Ocean Harbor and everyone had a great experience. I made reservations over the phone couple hours prior and they were able to accommodate our group of 14. The food came out in a very timely manner by our friendly server and our orders were all correct. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. We probably should have ordered less and shared instead of ordering individual dishes. I had the dim sum sampler which was amazing. I definitely want to go back when they are serving dim sum which is daily during lunch. The other outstanding favorite from the dishes I sampled was the braised scallops with vegetables. Everything was very good and made for tasty left overs. The kids loved the watching the live fish, shrimp, crab, and lobster in the tanks. They also validate parking if you park in the parking garage across the street from the restaurant.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had several dishes and we thought it was very good. This place serves Cantonese food. We tried the sea bass and tofu casserole, Peking pork chop, and Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce. The dishes were well prepared, not overly greasy, and very tasty. Price is very reasonable too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ocean Harbor is the go to place for a Chinese Banquet wedding. Despite planning the event from. Boston, the wedding was sealed sly executed. The manager Jeff Wong received and then chilled our shipments of red and white wines and Champagne. Every dish was tastier than the one that preceded it. The spring rolls, shrimp dumplings, Peking duck and lobster were only a few of the outstanding dishes served.

The space was beautifully transformed by draped linens and chair covers and comfortably accommodated our 150 guests. Music was provided by a DJ and the sound system worked perfectly.

I highly recommend this venue as the place to hold your wedding.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a little slice of heaven if you are a dim sum enthusiast. It has a wide variety of dim sum and the worlds best fried rice. All of that said, in the 5 times I have gone on Sundays it is very crowded and chaotic. I try to go at the end of prime time, 130-200pm. Be prepared to point to what you want and try to block out the clattering of dishes and the loud hum of all the people around you to concentrate on the food at hand.

1  Thank gerrimom