“Small, Charming, South of Center City BYOB”
Review of August

August
Ranked #1,459 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Wharton St.
Transit: Take the Broad Street orange line to Federal st, walk one block south to Wharton St., then one block east to 13th. broad street C bus to wharton st. walk one block east to 13th. we are located on the corner of 13th & wharton sts.
Description: Intimate, Romantic, Cozy, with Character! Located in the heart of Philadelphia at Passyunk Square. Top Zagat rated for food and service. Chef Maryann Brancaccio puts her twist on classic Italian.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The two owners are always charming and welcoming as is the rest of the serving staff. The standard menue is not extensive but covers all the bases, and there are always 3-4 nightly specials. I have dined there several times and have always been very pleased. I also love the BYOB aspects of the restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's a wonderful restaurant with excellent food and great prices. The atmosphere is great and so friendly! I love the soups, and the radicchio salad is to die for. I look forward to seeing what the specials are every time I walk in the door. It's a hidden gem!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

After researching Italian restaurants, I found August BYOB to consistently be among the highest rated, yet still a hidden secret in the Passyunk Square / South Philadelphia area. My fiance and I were treated to top notch service and an outstanding meal beginning to end. The artichoke appetizer and the bread pudding are things you do not want to miss. At the end of the meal the chef came out and checked on our experience. I will be back to this restaurant again. More entrees caught my eye so I need to return!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have been going to August for many years, and it is our favorite restaurant. From the front door, we are greeted warmly by Maria and the servers. Once inside, we see familiar faces of regular customers who have become friends. Everyone is like family, and that is how customers (old and new) are treated in this South Philly restaurant. And the food is superb! Maryann is passionate about preparing and presenting tasty food of favorite dishes and daily specials. And Maria's homemade desserts are the perfect ending to a delicious meal. Try the warm roasted peppers and/or artichokes as appetizers and the shrimp over penne or bolognese as entrees. And don't miss the banana bread pudding--a real treat! We know that you will be hooked after your first visit, and then, you will be family, too!

Bill & Christopher

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Arrived at 7:05 for a 7:00 reservation. Food was very good, service was very good. At 8:45 they cleared the desert plates but also the wine glasses and the coffee cups. At 8:45 they brought our coats - unrequested. At 8:55 we were enjoying the end of our coffee with close friends from out of town when someone came over and told us to leave - there were customers waiting for our table. There was no: "I'm sorry but," "I hope you enjoyed your meal, but," "I hope you will come again, but we need the table." When one of our guests asked if the woman was the owner - she said: "your group is very rude - don't call us again." There are many great restaurants in Philly that provide a relaxing atmosphere to spend time with your friends. Try one of them.

1  Thank rubyredy