“Neighborhood gem!”
Review of August

August
Reserve with OpenTable
August is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,463 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Wharton St.
Transit: Take the Broad Street orange line to Federal st, walk one block south to Wharton St., then one block east to 13th. broad street C bus to wharton st. walk one block east to 13th. we are located on the corner of 13th & wharton sts.
Description: Intimate, Romantic, Cozy, with Character! Located in the heart of Philadelphia at Passyunk Square. Top Zagat rated for food and service. Chef Maryann Brancaccio puts her twist on classic Italian.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

A shout out to my friend, Michele who recommended I try this spot before a Theatre Exile show. What a wonderful surprise! The food was amazing and the chef charming! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Eight of us went for a casual dinner. We all agreed that the food was excellent. I had the fettuccine, which was a moderate amount, but very good and satisfying, especially after the vegetarian egg rolls. Two others had sausage with penne, which filled their plates, and neither finished it Olive oil was supplied when asked for, but the bread was just OK. Service was very good, water glasses were kept filled, and the ambiance was good. As in a good restaurant, the dishes were not collected until all had finished. Parking is usually difficult in south Philly, but we found spots nearby on a weekday night.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We have been back to AUGUST many times now and the place is always busy and the food good. however, i have noticed that the portions are smaller and you only get one vegetable with your entree. salads are in small plates and pricey. specials were very good but much more expensive then the menu items.
the restaurant on a saturday was noisy and we had to wait quite awhile until our meal came out. this is the first time this has happened.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Went here with my 3 girlfriends. You have to make reservations, as the place is quite small. The food was good. They brought out bread, but no O.O., just butter and the bread was cold. The menu was much smaller than what was on the website but it was alot. I had shrimp and pasta which was a good size. My other friends had the tilapia and bowtie pasta with crab meat. Again these were good portions. However, my other friends ordered the fresh fettuccine and the portion was very small. We joked that they must have run out!!! TI would definitely recommend this place for and will go back, just know some of the portions maybe small. Also it is CASH ONLY.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

This restaurant foremost does not care about the customer who is paying money
to patronize their restaurant and enjoy a good dinner. After the appetizer, I had to ask the waitress to bring bread to the table as she forgot. When ordering I specifically asked the waitress if the sauce was spicy/hot as I could not eat it. She though it was mild and would ask and also see if a different sauce could be substitued. She never replied and the next time she came back she has brought the entree covered in red pepper flakes with risotto that was uneatable. I asked if she could bring a side dish of the risotto and she said that she asked and it would be a $5 charge in which I said no thanks. The banana bread dessert was tasteless with little chocolate and was mostly bread. There are many wonderful restaurants in this area that don't have an attitude, including a fabulous Sabrina's.