“Tasty Greek Food”

Zorba's Tavern
Ranked #152 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia
“Tasty Greek Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went in a group of 6 and had plenty of space and very prompt service. The space is set up to accommodate anything from couples dates to medium/larger groups. The food was excellent (spicy feta spread was incredible). My wife and I shared the meat platter, which was seasoned incredibly well. The meat was tender and very tasty. I'm a sucker for baklava, and I was not disappointed. It wasn't exceptional, but it was very tasty and definitely satisfying.

We always love finding BYO places with good food, and this one definitely delivers. We really look forward to returning and trying some of the other dishes.

Visited October 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“great Greek food!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a great family run Greek restaurant- perfect for lunch. The Greek salad was wonderful and the mussels in red wine appetizer was also delicious.

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in area for a while. Never ate here. Now sorry it has taken me so long. Amazing food. Amazing service. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013
Freehold, NJ
“A Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family ate here after going to Eastern State Penitentiary. The food was very good and the service was very attentive. I love lamb and don't get to have it very often and the lamb was delicious. My daughter and I both had deserts and they were great too. We will definitely going back to Zorba's.

• Visited June 2013
New York, NY
“Underwhelmed by food, although the service was great”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wish I could give the waiter and the busboy a separate review, because they were great. Very courteous and professional. Totally worth the inflated tip I left them.

However, the food was pretty bad. Over seasoned and overcooked, it tasted like heavy-handed jerky - very tough, almost leathery. We had a large party with different orders so I had a chance to try 5 different kinds of meat dishes that included beef, lamb, 2 types of chicken and meatballs. - all suffered from the same problem - over the top in salt and spices and very hard. The veggie side orders were OK, shrimp were better in the seasoning department, but also overcooked. The bread was nice in the beginning of the meal, but I felt it was a typical Italian bread, nothing "authentically Greek" about it.

I was parched for hours after the meal even though I drank perhaps a gallon of water, and I'm still having residual heartburn the day after. I truly hope that the chef wakes up and steps up to the task. Otherwise, there are much better Greek restaurants around.

• Visited June 2013