“Amazing”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in area for a while. Never ate here. Now sorry it has taken me so long. Amazing food. Amazing service. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family ate here after going to Eastern State Penitentiary. The food was very good and the service was very attentive. I love lamb and don't get to have it very often and the lamb was delicious. My daughter and I both had deserts and they were great too. We will definitely going back to Zorba's.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wish I could give the waiter and the busboy a separate review, because they were great. Very courteous and professional. Totally worth the inflated tip I left them.

However, the food was pretty bad. Over seasoned and overcooked, it tasted like heavy-handed jerky - very tough, almost leathery. We had a large party with different orders so I had a chance to try 5 different kinds of meat dishes that included beef, lamb, 2 types of chicken and meatballs. - all suffered from the same problem - over the top in salt and spices and very hard. The veggie side orders were OK, shrimp were better in the seasoning department, but also overcooked. The bread was nice in the beginning of the meal, but I felt it was a typical Italian bread, nothing "authentically Greek" about it.

I was parched for hours after the meal even though I drank perhaps a gallon of water, and I'm still having residual heartburn the day after. I truly hope that the chef wakes up and steps up to the task. Otherwise, there are much better Greek restaurants around.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

It's a shame to say they serve authentic greek food. This was the worst meal we had. The meat on the skewer was dry as sandpaper and the lamb was boiled, not baked.

1  Thank V A
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here with our two daughters (ages 11 and 23) and a friend. My daughters are vegetarians, and there were plenty of good options for them. It is BYOB and the food prices are reasonable. Fresh bread was brought out quickly after we were seated. We had two appetizers: hummus and a potato and garlic spread both with pita bread and both delicious. The entrees we had were Imam Baldi (stuffed eggplant), Artichokes Constantinople, Greek salad, Lamb Kapama and Greek Islands pasta (shrimp, mussels, squid, octopus in a red wine sauce). Everyone was very happy with their food except me - the artichokes were just okay - not very interesting or flavorful. For dessert we had delicious Baklava and a peach sorbet served in a peach. We also had Greek coffee. Our waiter was very friendly and the service flawless. I would definitely return here (and order something else).
This restaurant is located across the street from the tourist attraction the East State Penitentiary (which is worth a visit!) and we easily found free 3 hour parking near there.