“great”

Ristorante Pesto
Ranked #1 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giovanni and Concetta Varallo are honored to welcome you to RISTORANTE PESTO. Our meals are prepared in the finest Authentic Italian Tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. Chef Giovanni Varallo's and Chef Maria Varallo-Facenda's care, dedication and attention to detail transform every dish into a work of art. We hope your stay with us is a "Dining Experience."
Reviewed March 13, 2013

we picked this resturant based on tripadvisor. It was crowded when we arrived and peope were waiting whene we left.It was a bit south of downtown and a local place.The staff made us feel like locals and when we told them where we were from they were welcomed us even more and provided comp appitizers and dessert.Very friendy!!! We had a gret time

Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had 8:00 reservations and was seated in about 5 minutes. The owner came to our table and explained to us the best selling dishes for that night as well as specials. We ordered a couple of the dishes she suggested. The food was outstanding. Two of us had the Pork Chop special....I never saw a chop so large in my life. One of us had the Cavatelli special with seafood...the Cavatelli was home made and fantastic. One of us had another of the daily pasta specials with seafood. Tiramisu was how I remembered it in Italy....GO THERE! GREAT ITALIAN FOOD!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was outstanding.the service was overrated and we waited a little too long after we made reservations to be seated

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I loved everything we had and the service was exceptional. I don't live close to this restaurant but if I did I would be there weekly. Hats off to the chefs! This was the best restaurant experience I have had in a very long time.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently visited Pesto for a baptism and we had a large party. Upon arrival I went to see how we could get my dad who is in a wheelchair to the table (there was 6 steps). I asked an employee who siad "don't worry about it, we will handle it". When I ask how, he said they would carry my dad up the steps. I was not happy with this response....but when my dad got there 3 employees came right over and carried him, in his whell chair up the steps! They were the greatest guys and they made my dad feel very comfortable during the process. Since we were there with a group we had three choices for dinner. I had the chicken parm which was amazing. They served us apps and a salad which were also very good. I can't wait to go back and see what else they have on the menu. I can not comment on the cost and vaule since we didn't pay.