“A Wonderful Italian Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Pesto

Ristorante Pesto
Ranked #1 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Giovanni and Concetta Varallo are honored to welcome you to RISTORANTE PESTO. Our meals are prepared in the finest Authentic Italian Tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. Chef Giovanni Varallo's and Chef Maria Varallo-Facenda's care, dedication and attention to detail transform every dish into a work of art. We hope your stay with us is a "Dining Experience."
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“A Wonderful Italian Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I called the restaurant on late Saturday afternoon. They said the earliest reservation was 9:00 PM but she double checked and was able to have a reservation for 7:30 PM. We got there and the place was bustling. The decor was beautiful, very classic Italian. We were seated within 5 minutes. The service was impeccable. They were there when you wanted or needed anything but not intrusive. The meal was one of the best of Italian I have ever had. You will want the bread to scoop the sauce of every dish. You can BYOB even though they have a liquor license. I would definitely return.

• Visited January 2013

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I were on our way to the Wells Fargo Center on a Saturday night, and running late. Not looking forward to concert food, we were wanted a quick meal before the show, and luckily stumbled upon Pesto by accident. Although it was incredibly crowded, the hostess (maybe owner?) was nice enough to find us a table. She made it clear that they needed the table for an 8 p.m. reservation, but we never felt rushed or unwelcome. Quote to the contrary, everyone was so nice, and the food was fresh and delicious. It was a great experience, and I can't wait to return.

• Visited December 2012
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“The best of phila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pesto's is a great place for very good food all the time service is good best of all the owner Concetta makes you feel that you are a very good friend she sat with us and talked about her life. The one thing about Concetta her customers are very important to her & she lets you know .
If you want great food & a family friendly atmosphere Pesto is the place to go it's one of the best in Philadelphia Restorante Pesto on broad st

• Visited December 2012
Washington, DC
“My grandmother must be in the kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have eaten in many of the "best" Italian restaurants in Philly, New York, DC etc and they are all very much American Italian spoiling the food with too much complexity and nonsense. The food at Pesto tastes like my grandmother is cooking in their kitchen. It is simple, fresh and perfectly done. The atmosphere is very pretty and cozy as well. My only gripe was that the wonderful Bronzino was served in the tin foil in which it was cooked which was not as nice a presentation as it could have been. But then again my grandmother would have done the same! What was impressive is that they present a wonderful little dish of caramelized carrots as a complimentary starter as they do in Italy. This was the best meal outside of Italy I have had.

• Visited August 2012
Aston, Pennsylvania
“The Best Veal Chop in Philadelphia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was introduced to Pesto on Broad Street in Philadelphia by my brother-in-law. We were seated at a comfortable table and introduced to our wait staff. After ordering a cocktail, the waiter explained the menu to us but most importantly from memory listed all of the daily specials.

I noticed the four cheese stuffed veal chop oon the menu and ordered it. The best I have ever had. The whole menu was wonderful. What a great place to visit after the Academy.

• Visited February 2012