“Quaint Place”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Asian, French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Walnut Street
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stumbled on this place on accident and was pleasantly surprised. Good service and food! We sat on the patio, the inside looked really nice would like to go back for happy hour!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant by our doorman David from the Rittenhouse hotel. In our experiences, doormen can be an even better references for good food and unique experiences than concierges. David did not disappoint.

Rouge sits facing Rittenhouse Square on 19th street. We visited the restaurant for both lunch (my wife and I) and dinner (with our teenage son). This restaurant has a unique french flair. Patrons are well dressed but the restaurant can be casual. Servers are eccentricly unique in appearance. They are efficient. I would describe this place as french cafe meets San Francisco night club. It was a great place to sit and observe Rittenhouse Square. We chose outdoor seating for lunch and indoor seating for dinner.

The tuna fillet sandwich was amazing. The burger is superb. The cocktails are ambitious. The spicy duck soup is probably the best soup I have ever had and was the reason for us going twice in one day.

We really enjoyed this restaurant. It is probably more for adults than children. I recommend it.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It was a warm sunny evening in Philadelphia and I was in town for work with a colleague. We googled outdoor dining and came upon Rouge. The outdoor dining was long the pavement overlooking Ritterberg Square - chairs could have been more comfortable but the atmosphere outside was nice & inside looks nice.
Service was very good.
Food was tasty and had a nice varity on the menu. I had the beet salad which was fine - possibly too much chopped betroot and not other beets for my liking. I had fish tacos from the small bite menu and was impressed by the colour, freshness and taste of the dish.
My cocktail was good too.
I would certainly go back next time I'm back for work.
The desert menu was appealing but didn't sample it as it was late and we had already eaten very well.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The restaurant is known for its burgers and rightfully deserves praise for them. It has a relaxing atmosphere, chairs that envelope you and great service.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

On a great day on Rittenhouse Square my wife and I got a great people watching table on the sidewalk and ordered drinks and food. Our waitress Dena took our and three other tables orders without writing them down, and was very attentive, personable and efficient. We ordered the Tuna Tartare and the five cheese plate to split and they we both were most excellent. It was so nice out and the view was so great we had one more drink than normal. Excellent place. Will go back.