“nice lunch and people watching venue”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 4,484 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Asian, French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Walnut Street
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our waiter was really top notch! The food was very well prepared. We had the calamari and shrimp as appetizers. The salmon and scallops were our entree course. Outdoor seating was readily available for great people watching in Rittenhouse Square. The indoor area is small and intimate. Prices were reasonable. Total bill for two people for lunch was $77.00 before tip, but we ate some of the higher cost items. I would recommend this restaurant for a great lunch!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Rittenhouse Square --need I say more-- Great spot to people watch. Best Burger. Good for Brunch Lunch and Dinner

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Go there for a drink and a snack. Good ambiance but I do not appreciate noisy places. Good to go with friends and very nice service.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here before the Pink concert on St. Patty's Day. When we arrived, we were a bit surprised at how small this place is, but fortunately we had reservations and were seated pretty close to our reservation time. We didn't score a table by the window, but we had a nice comfy couch to sit on along with a velvet lined comfy chair. Their is a small round bar in the middle of this small restaurant, and being St. Patty's Day, it was packed. Between all the people at the bar and the background music, the place was on the loud side. Overall decor of the restaurant was quite lovely though.

For an appetizer, my wife and I shared the cheese platter and we went with all five cheeses. Along with the cheeses, you get a lovely jam, grapes, small cubed apricots, and thinly sliced apples. We could have made a meal out of the cheese board...it was very good.

For our entrees, we both went the the Rouge burger. This was a big burger and in hindsight, we could have split one. While the quality of the meat was very good, the overall taste was just OK. We both felt it could have used a bit more flavor. The pomes frites were good and I really enjoyed my side of mac-n-cheese. I ordered mine with bacon, but for whatever reason, it didn't come out with bacon. It was still very good and I devoured it. My wife washed her meal down with a Pomegranate Margarita, which she said was very good.

Even though we were stuffed, we both ordered dessert. I went with the apple crisp (which was also large and could have been shared) and my wife went with the avocado pound cake, which came mixed fruit compote. Both of our desserts came with ice cream, but we could have used a bit more with our desserts. Both desserts were good along with the french press Monte Carlo coffee we had to wash it down with.

Service was very good and our waitress was quite friendly and helpful. Since this is a small restaurant, tables are pretty close together. Bathroom was generally clean, but there were some used paper towels on the floor. Evidently if you've been drinking, it's hard to throw the paper towel in the bin on the floor! The music was BLARING in the bathroom!

Overall, we enjoyed our meal and certainly don't regret going, but the burger didn't quite live up to our expectations.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant for lunch on a cold, snowy afternoon. It was warm and cozy in the bar and the service was excellent. The menu had lots of variety and the food was delish! The view from the windows was of Rittenhouse Park, which was lovely to look at as the snow flurries came and went. Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience and I would highly recommend.