“good recommendation from a friend”
Review of Audrey Claire

Audrey Claire
Ranked #239 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

For a place that doesn't take reservations we were seated right away, 8pm on a Friday night. We started with the short rib flat bread-hubby loved it! I had the butternut squash risotto, yum. The food was very good, you need to season with salt & pepper to taste. Very reasonable in price, will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The restaurant is small ,lively and unique. Classy but not pretentious. The food was unique and somehow light. Portions were perfect.
The waiter was attentive. The water glass was constantly filled.
Large windows held tall vases of sunflowers Wine bottles opened promptly.

Of course the best part was the food. Perfectly cooked bass on creamy risotto. Duck with a lentil side dish. Perfectly seasoned quality food. I have not loved a restaurant this much in a long time.

The chocolate cake is more like a pudding and heavenly.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This BYOB gem was just right for an early fall al fresco dinner. We were trying for an 8pm concert at the Academy, so looking for places nearby. No reservations during the weeknight, meant we were taking a chance, and it worked out well. We had a choice of chef's counter or outside table, and given the delightful weather opted for outside. Got there by 6pm, and the line started shortly thereafter, so keep in mind. The ahi tuna was a fresh as could be and just seared as requested. My short ribs were juicy and flavorful with a nice base of polenta and braised veggies. Also prices look a bit high, the serving sizes were very generous (great for leftovers, if we weren't concert bound), and as BYOB made for a very reasonable, high quality dinner. Our server was excellent and mindful of our departure time. He knew the menu well and was receptive to our questions.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Except for the pleasant sit outside (away from the busy street seating elsewhere in the city), my experience was just average.

Service: Average. Helpful, but not attentive. I had to ask for a water refill (which took so long I didn't bother asking again).

Food: Greasy. Some in my group thought it was amazing, but I wasn't impressed. Gorgonzola / pear flat bread tasted solely of cheese (it completely overpowered any other flavors). Pasta was greasy and bland. Dessert (creme brulee) was good - but poorly executed (overcooked).

After hearing such rave reviews of this restaurant, I had high hopes. Audrey Claire failed to meet them.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

loved dining on the sidewalk of this great establishment. menu was unique and diverse. truly enjoyed the steak and loved that it's a BYO.