“A very good experience”
Review of Bridget Foy's

Bridget Foy's
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridget Foy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #310 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Second Street
Description: Neighborhood hotspot and family business Bridget Foy's has been delighting patrons with its tantalizing take on modern American cuisine for more than three decades. Since the recent appointment of Executive Chef Daniel James, the menu has incorporated a number of exciting additions alongside perennial favorites like the Standard Burger, which can be personalized to taste with a variety of toppings, from fried onions to a fried egg. The lively bar is a welcome place to sample a rotating selection of local microbrews on draft, build your own Bloody Mary during brunch, or sip on a winter warmer during the cooler months. Alternately, summer in the city is best experienced over a leisurely meal in Bridget Foy's legendary outdoor café - the perfect perch for people watching among the hustle and bustle of one of Philadelphia's most vibrant districts.
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We arrived at Bridget Foy's after our confirmed dinner reservation at another local establishment was not honored. Truly, I was not in a good spirit after that experience as we had been in a celebratory mood due to my son's college graduation. However, my spirits quickly picked up after arriving at Bridget Foy's. We were warmly welcomed by staff and promptly seated. It was a warm evening and water glasses were quickly filled without asking. Our server, Brittany, was fantastic. Our drink orders found their way to the table quickly and then she reviewed the dinner specials. After a round of delicious appetizers, our dinners arrived. We had some small children with us and they loved their grilled cheese! I had the grouper special which was delicious. All were happy with their dinner selections, drinks, and desserts. Brittany didn't know it, but she really made our dinner/graduation celebration an enjoyable one!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Great service. Great dishes with imagination. I ordered a short rib sandwich with pickeled veggies and sirachi sauce, yum! Decent wine selection at a reasonable price. Decorating is really fun. Must be some history to it, but haven't looked into.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stopped here on a nice sunny afternoon for lunch - the servers were really friendly and attentive. The food was simple and nothing too fancy but average to good. We had wine which was OK but we spotted another table having sangria which looked great so we decided to have a jug - it was really tasty and perfect for a sunny day. As we were having so much fun the server brought us some free deserts too.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was my 2nd visit here. I was here bout 3 weeks ago for lunch and cocktails and was very pleased with both the quality of the food and the excellant Bloody Mary's that they make. We had the tuna sandwich special and it well exceeded our expectation...it was awesome. I was drinking spicy bloody mary's and they were excellant. They use a vodka infused with Jalapinos ( I think that they make the infused vodka themsellves) and the taste is unbelievable. Probably the best bloody mary's I have ever had. The bartender/server was very pleasant and very attentive to us, definatly a place we will frequant more often.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is where me and my friends ended up going after out horror at Cafe Nola. Blessfully they were still open since it was about 10pm on a Sunday.
The food is good, but not if your a seafood or vegetarian (at least not based on their restaurant week menu). In any event I was happy with my selection. My girlfriend didn't care for the salmon, but I think its more of a place for burgers, lamb and steak.