“The food was excellent.”
Review of Moshulu

Moshulu
Reserve with OpenTable
Moshulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Lombard Circle
Description: The Moshulu, the World's oldest and largest four-masted Tall Ship offers unsurpassed views and a unique backdrop for intimate to extraordinary dining and celebrations. Our private dining rooms, outdoor open-aired and tented decks combined with delectable, award-wining American cuisine and impeccable service create the perfect setting for memorable events.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went for lunch to celebrate a friends Birthday. They had Moshulu Seafood Cobb Salad $19
Shrimp, Lump Crab Meat, Egg, Smoked Bacon, Tomato, Onion Blue Cheese, Avocado, Iceberg Lettuce, Balsamic Vinaigrette my wife and friend said they were excellent. I had Grilled Jumbo Shrimp & Grits $19 Cheddar Cheese Grits, Braised Greens, Andouille Sausage Carolina BBQ Sauce. I should have had them put the Carolina BBQ Sauce on the side. Luckily the sauce was around the outside of the dish so I could enjoy the rest of the dish. The service was lacking. I was more than 1/2 was through my dish before the waiter returned to see how our food was. The rest of the dish was outstanding. The shrimp were cooked perfectly, the braised greens were excellent and the cheddar cheese grits were delicious. I would have asked the waiter to re-plate my dish without the BBQ sauce if he returned in a timely fashion to check on us. I still enjoyed the dish and would order it again, without the BBQ sauce if I return for lunch. They gave the birthday girl a complementary desert on a large dish with Happy Birthday written on the plate with a candle. Nice touch, thank you Moshulu. We will be back, next time probably to dine on the upper open deck.

1  Thank George K

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

So I got this on a groupon on a whim. I tried to go Thursday, but they actually close the kitchen at 9, just be forewarned. The setting is great! Cool ship great view! Try to be by the windows or outside. The service was great. The calamari was some if the best I've had; really light and had a great sauce IN it. The appetizers were well thought out by the chef, and destroyed by us (different types of ceviches). The mains were excellent (steak and seafood). I left really pleased. The service, again, was impeccable. I've heard the brunch is terrific--I'll have to investigate.

1  Thank takeitallin14
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Booked this restaurant based purely on its location but came away very disappointed. Evening started well in the lounge bar where the batman was charming and knowledgeable, regrettably it was all down hill from there. Service at the table was poor and at times we felt they had forgotten us completely. I had the lobster but all they gave me to shell it was a knife and fork!!The real sting in the tail came with the bill - we paid 840 dollars for a meal for 4 which admittedly had two bottles of fairly expensive wine at 125 and 150 each. Not worth the money and i can't in good faith recommend

1  Thank Gordon M
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The brunch here was an incredible spread of food...truly breakfast, lunch and dinner in one! The free champagne cocktails were a nice accompaniment. Food tasted great for a buffet. Only concern was that seating 5 comfortably, even with a reservation, was tough. If you go with a group larger than 4 make sure you ask for a round table when making a reservation.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our previous plans fell through so we came up with the idea to go to The Moshulu with another couple. It's something we always wanted to do & we are glad we did. The ambiance is nice, the food was delicious & the service was great! We spent a little time at the inside bar while we were waiting for the other couple. The bartender, who seemed to be rather proud of the ship gave us a little history lesson & showed us a book about the journeys of the Moshulu. It was quite interesting & we were impressed at how an employee would be so proud & take such an interest in the history of the ship. Overall, it was a bit on the expensive side but we will definitely be going back & would recommend this to anyone looking for an elegant evening out.

1  Thank MandMinNJ