“Great fall of the bone ribs”

Bomb Bomb Bar-B-Q Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bomb Bomb Bar-B-Q Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Newark, New Jersey
“Great fall of the bone ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Friendly people take care of you. Starters were very good and the ribs out of sight. It's best to take a taxi there nowhere to park

Visited July 2014

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Red Gravy, with Veal Parm…”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This South Philly fixture lives up to being a great place for crabs, seafood, and old fashioned pasta dishes with gray/ I have had the crab cakes, just like Maryland style. The Ribs here are fantastic as well as the chicken. There is a full service bar and they have their own Larger on Tap. Service is family friendly.

On street parking is hard to come by so plan accordingly well worth the trouble.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank coffeeguycr
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

excellent food!!! had the chicken marsala--it was the best i ever had---great little place in the heart of s. philly--my hometown

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank rachel s
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“10th And Wolf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been hearing my SIL and BIL rave about Bomb Bomb forever so I was really thrilled when we had dinner there during my Christmas visit to Philadelphia. We'd just seen the movie, 10th and Wolf that was set in this South Philly neighborhood (the it was filmed in Pittsburgh), so that led to even more fun! Though I was born in NYC, I have lived in Alabama since I was 17 so it was really neat to drive through this Italian neighborhood of row houses similar to where I lived as a child, to find the restaurant right on the corner, all lit up with Christmas lights and its famous sign--two bombs! We entered through the bar, bellied up, and ordered drinks. Even before we had two sips, a table was ready for us. We didn't have reservations, but we must have timed it just right because the sining area was full. I would recommend reservations because there are only about ten tables. The staff is extraordinarily friendly which rubs off on the patrons, I think. My husband, wearing a University of Alabama jacket, was greeted with "Roll Tide" from several patrons!

The food was delicious. I had veal parm, The red sauce/gravy was So Good! My SIL ordered the mussells and she raved. My husband and his brother had one of the specials, hot and sweet sausage with linguine. We were all very happy with our meals. No room for dessert!

All in all, it was a great experience and I look forward to dining there again on another visit.

• Visited December 2013
Newburgh, Indiana
“Nice little BBQ joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found this using the trip advisor app for nearby BBQ places. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience here. The lady working the bar was very funny, and interactive with the table. She told me the story about the name Bomb Bomb...and I will leave you to go there to find out why it's called that. I got the pulled pork sandwich with fries...the meat was seasoned well and cooked very nicely. The person I was with got the Brisket and it was really good also. The best thing about the place is their sauce, which they sell also...so of course I had to buy some. If you are in South Philly and looking for some awesome BBQ...check this place out!

• Visited October 2013