“Not what I expected!”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manayunk
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My sister and I went there for happy hour. It really was not what I expected. The place was a bit run down. Like 2 points from being a whole in the wall. However, the staff was freindly and the classic margarita wa delicous and they gave you a generous drink! The chicken wings were good. The tamales were uggghhh... ok ?? The chicken quesadillas were horrible and so was the guacolme. I probably would not go back there. The drop ceiling in the ladies room was falling and I was afraid something would drop out of there. If I had to take it or leave it I would leave it. But I'm not gonna give up. I'm going to try the one in South Philadelphia and I let you guys know what happened! Stay posted....

2  Thank simoncakes_56

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Living close to Adobe Cafe has been a wonderful experience. The food has never disappointed and the atmosphere is always laid back with great customer service.

They have delicious and inexpensive margaritas and their draft beers are great as well.

I enjoy the fajitas which come out piping hot and quite tasty.

Would recommend this place to anyone who likes Mexican cuisine!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Go in on Monday or Tuesday nights. They have a great deal. A pitcher of beer, margaritas, or sangria plus two entrees for only $35! They had so many options to choose from. We went with the steak tips served with a delicious dipping sauce and steak tacos. Everything was delicious. We got the pitcher of house margaritas which were very tasty. And they start you off with a free appetizer of chips and salsa. Overall very pleased and will return !

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great ambiance in restaurant and food was fantastic... Fajitas are excellent... we go back every chance we get

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I bought a Groupon and planned to go to Adobe Cafe. But last week I was invited to tour the Eastern State Penitentiary for Halloween. Our group of 8 needed a quick dinner so I suggested the Adobe Cafe because Mexican is usually fast. Let me say the staff was very nice. They pulled two lopsided wobbly tables together for our group. We ordered frozen marguaritas and the night only got worse from there. The drinks had no taste; they were just smooth ice. If they had tequila we didn't taste or 'feel' it. The quacamole avacado dip has little taste and missed the mark big time....green paste. Our food was more than disappointing. We all ordered something different and we all left over half the food on the plates. No dessert...why bother. My advice, skip this place! But I note that many people leave good reviews for this restaurant. I concede that maybe it was just a bad night maybe a reaplcement cook or something. If you think this is good mexican food then you REALLY need to try elsewhere!! I won't even be going back to use my Groupon.

2  Thank VegasFellow