“Great Food but a bit chaotic”
Review of Pod

Pod
Reserve with OpenTable
Pod is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 4,443 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Sushi, French, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: University City
Cross street: Between 36th & 37th Streets on Sansom
Transit: Market-Frankford El, 34th Street Stop.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We dined at Pod on Saturday night. We had reservations for 8PM. When we arrived 3 of our party of 4 went into the restaurant first and the hostess said our table would be a few minutes so we sat at the bar and had a drink. The bartenders were friendly and the drinks were awesome! The downside is we sat for a little over a half hour waiting for our table. When we finally got our table we were told the wait was because the hostess thought we were waiting for others to arrive - didn't quite understand that since our party of four were all at the bar. When we finally got our table it was another half hour until the waiter took our order. It seemed a bit chaotic and unorganized, and the unusually loud music didn't help. Other than the not so great beginning to our night, once we ordered our food everything came out quickly and it was delicious. The last disappointment was the dessert menu. We were looking forward to ordering something sweet and decadent but after looking at the menu selections, there was nothing appealing. All in all it was a nice night out, with decent food.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went in for lunch. We thought the meal would be a lot smaller but was quite surprised by the amount of food we were given.

The only thing I would change is the restrooms. It reminded my of airplane restrooms.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had not been in Philly in years and as a New Yorker looked at it as the step sister. I had business in University City and decided to go to the POD. I made a reservation over the phone--no problem and arrived at 6pm-.My partner and I were escorted to a very quite cute, almost intimate niche. The waiter was cute and super friendly and professional. We decided on the Sushi feast and Udon noodles. The food, since it comes from two different kitchens, did not arrive at the same time--as we were informed. So we could share in time. We had a lovely evening. The place has the hottest design in the city, if not the the North East. Overall a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Quick dinner at the barks as very impressed with everything from the martini to the sushi. I had pork belly bun, miso soup and a Tuna Nigiri, all was delicious. Some of the best sushi I've had. It is a different environment, a lot of bright colors, not somewhere to go for a quiet business dinner but it works great for a few friends sitting at the bar.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I like to sit down and have a meal and be able to hear the person next to me. In a long center section of tables for two, this is virtually impossible due to the proximity of other guests and because the music is SO loud. Do yourself a big favor and request a seat along the wall to avoid some of this. Overall, the place is very modern, interesting and has good sushi. The sake selection is great and you can try a sake flight with your meal.